Muck Rack is the leading SaaS platform for public relations & communications professionals. Our mission is to make PR pros more successful by providing them with technology to find journalists to pitch, monitor media, quantify their impact & work more efficiently with their teams. Self-funded & remote-first, Crains named Muck Rack one of the best places to work in 2019 & 2020.
Muck Rack is seeking a Part Time Technical Recruiter (Contract) to support the growth of our engineering team. The recruiter will work closely with the VP of People, the VP of Engineering & the CTO to add recruiting capacity, ensure Muck Rack can reduce the time to hire for technical roles, & increase candidate quality by developing & executing an outbound talent strategy.
The recruiter will focus on sourcing, screening, evaluating, & presenting candidates for frontend & backend engineering positions (with Python/Django expertise), as well as more specialized roles (ie. engineering manager, data engineer, Elasticsearch specialist).
We are looking for an experienced technical recruiter who can join our team for 15 - 20/hours per week for at least three months, with the option to extend or transition to a permanent role.
- Documenting requirements for open positions & helping to draft differentiated & compelling job descriptions
- Reviewing inbound resumes for appropriateness of skills, experience & knowledge in relation to position requirements
- Scheduling & screening candidates over the phone to discuss role requirements, assess qualifications, & determine who to present to the hiring manager
- Providing complete, accurate, timely & inspiring information to candidates about the company & position to ensure a great candidate experience
- Scheduling interviews for hiring managers & interviewers as well as post-interview candidate debriefs
- In partnership with hiring managers & other decision makers, participating in the candidate selection process
- Developing & executing outbound sourcing strategies to attract passive candidates, including identifying & engaging a freelance sourcer
- Driving the recruitment process by setting clear expectations/KPIs & delivering on commitments with a sense of urgency to the business as well as candidates
- 5+ years of relevant experience in technical recruitment for SaaS/startups, with proven success delivering results in a fast-paced, collaborative environment (experience with Python/Django recruitment strongly preferred)
- Experience in full life cycle recruiting components including, but not limited to: job analysis, sourcing qualified candidates, assessing candidates, relationship management, & offer negotiation
- Ability to understand job-specific requirements & related style & interpersonal characteristics in order to match candidates with openings
- Experience working in an ATS, with Greenhouse experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated experience with boolean search & sourcing on social media & within niche communities
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, especially as it relates to presenting & selling the company to candidates & during the candidate review & selection process
- Self-starter who can quickly understand & communicate company objectives & develop effective working relationships
- Ability to work proactively & independently with a sense of urgency
- Ability to maintain a high level of discretion & confidentiality
- Proficiency in Slack & Google Suite required
- Engineering background/experience would be ideal
- Experience/interest in PR/Journalism is a bonus
- Must be able to work East Coast hours