Headquartered in New York, Shutterstock is an innovative e-commerce company & a leading provider of royalty-free stock videos, photos, & illustrations. With over 25 million images & videos, Shutterstock sources content from a contributor community of thousands of photographers, videographers, artists & illustrators from around the world. We consider our contributor community, supply chain & operational capability to be among our greatest assets.
The Editorial Photo Editor position calls for an experienced, creative, self-motivated, detail-oriented, & disciplined professional responsible for image selection, curation & processing for our editorial collection whilst collaborating with photographers, sales & marketing to drive excellence across all our event & assignment coverage.
The ideal candidate thinks strategically about how to identify the most impactful, commercially viable images to drive value for our global market & will apply expert judgment on the production & selection of editorial images while inspiring others to achieve new levels of excellence.
- Responsible for editing live or archive content either on or offsite for editorial events & live assignments.
- Support event operational planning including editing resource allocation, file transmit, support for photographers, & setup of hot folders or curated stacks.
- Collaborate with photographers, contributors & partners to provide editing guidance, actionable feedback, & file transfer support.
- Liaise with other Editors & Sales on applying insightful judgment to identify, edit & select the most impactful photographs ensuring that relevant aspects of a story are covered.
- Review images for quality aspects & overall integrity & approve or edit captions, filters & keywords for accuracy in accordance with Shutterstocks guidelines & standards.
- Prioritize image selection & processing with consideration for the market, customers & deadlines.
- Review & pull data to analyze trends & behavior to improve image selection & curated stack or compilation ideas.
- Collate & review data to understand performance, including web, ftp & api stats & usage reporting through gathering tear sheet examples.
- Collaborate with others in the editing team to conduct post-event quality evaluation, share insights with relevant parties to drive consistency.
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing & the Contributor Management team to understand market trends & customer expectations when curating compilations or collections.
- Sustain interest in global entertainment events, news, trends, fashion, & celebrities.
- Develop, build & maintain relationships with clients & contributors by providing thorough customer service.
- Maintain a full understanding of the global client base, expected deadlines, & image preferences
- Significant amount of traveling & working evenings & weekends may be required.
Technical Ability & Execution Quality
Trusted for their expert & specialist knowledge in image selection, editing images, accurate key wording & editing tools. Proactively keeps abreast of changes & keeps their knowledge updated as it relates both to new technical innovations & a sustained interest in global news & entertainment. Share technical/specialist knowledge with others as appropriate. Maintains & delivers high standards of quality in all work in a timely manner.
Innovative & Commercial Mindset
The ability to produce original & commercial ideas for clients, stakeholders & colleagues that improves service levels, product delivery & internal processes. Recognizes when a new approach is required, imports or modifies a solution from outside the current work environment & looks beyond current working practices. Thinks commercially - has a strong appreciation of clients & colleagues' needs & a has thorough understanding of the client & contributors' groups as a whole. Ability to accurately assess whether particular images have the most impact. Provides strategic & well thought out ideas & obtains buy-in from others to drive them forward.
Communication & Relationship Management
Effectively & accurately communicates both verbally & in writing in a concise, professional & confident manner. Demonstrates emotional intelligence i.e. has an ability to engage with colleagues & Contributors & has an adaptable style. Actively listens & understands the needs of colleagues / clients to facilitate the development of productive relationships. Can persuasively influence & gain the trust & respect of others to achieve win-win outcomes.
Teamwork & Leadership
Inspires others & is seen as a positive role model. Is a committed team player & is someone others want to work with. Encourages others to develop & improve their performance & takes coaching & mentoring seriously. Takes ownership & recognises the importance of career development for themselves & others. Actively seeks feedback from colleagues/clients in order to improve. Demonstrates a passion & willingness to be involved in anything that presents itself, & then collaboratively executes it with energy & enthusiasm.
BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 4+ years of professional photo editing experience.
- Proactive strategic creative ideas & feedback for continuous improvement.
- Analytical mindset, able to use data to understand trends that can be utilized for the next event.
- Experience collaborating with Photo Editors & photographers in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional at achieving time-sensitive production goals while managing multiple (and competing) priorities & imminent deadlines.
- Available to work non-traditional schedules including evenings & weekend work or shift rotation. Some travel is required.
- Software: Photo Mechanic, Photoshop, Bridge, Excel, Google Docs, & file sharing systems.
Shutterstock (NYSE:SSTK), directly & through its group subsidiaries, is a leading global provider ofhigh-quality licensed photographs,vectors,illustrations,videosandmusicto businesses, marketing agencies & media organizations around the world. Working with its growing community of contributors, Shutterstock adds hundreds of thousands of images each week & has millions of images & video clips available.
Headquartered in New York City, Shutterstock has offices around the world & customers in more than 150 countries. The company also ownsBigstock, a value-oriented stock media agency; Shutterstock Custom,a custom content creation platform, Offset, ahigh-end image collection; PremiumBeat a curatedroyalty-free musiclibrary; Rex Features, a premier source ofeditorial imagesfor the world's media; Webdam, a cloud-baseddigital asset management servicefor businesses.
For more information, please visitwww.shutterstock.comand follow Shutterstock onTwitter,FacebookandInstagram.
Equal Opportunity Emplopyer, M/F/D/V