About Rent the Runway:
Recently named #9 on CNBCs Disruptor 50 list for 2018, Rent the Runway is transforming the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by introducing clothing rental as a utility for women. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. Since our launch in late 2009, the company has raised more than $210 million from top-tier investors & built one of the most beloved brands on earth. We are proud to be both a profitable & high-growth business, with a loyal 9 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Our 1200+ employees have a revolutionary spirit that permeates our culture. Weve built proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion brands - & we are obsessed with continuing to game change our customer experience.
We are also trying to revolutionize entrepreneurship itself - proving that diverse teams produce outsized impact. The Rent the Runway Foundation, which our two co-founders launched together in 2015, helps thousands of female entrepreneurs build & scale their own businesses with the mission of increasing the number of high growth women-led companies.
Were looking for a multi-disciplinary Designer to join our growing creative team. The main responsibilities of this role will be to focus on various growth & marketing initiatives with the ability to support various design deliverables for print, retail, digital marketing (email, paid, social, landing pages), etc. The ideal candidate has a strong attention to detail, print design, branding, typography & has previously used technology to improve their design solutions.
- Apply conceptual thinking & creativity to complex design problems from conception to production for various design materials such as print, window displays, social, email, etc.
- Self-organize & communicate clearly & concisely on status of ongoing work, to ensure smooth progress for the working team
- Execute innovative creative ideas to advance Rent the Runways brand vision
- Partner with other creative team members to unite the visual style consistency across the brand
- Daily collaboration with the Marketing, PR, Merchandising, & other cross-functional teams to execute growth marketing projects across all areas of the business
- Bachelors degree & minimum of 4+ years of hands-on experience creating both digital & physical creative assets
- Experience focusing on marketing strategies & how to provide creative solutions to briefs & requests
- Well organized, detail & solutions oriented
- Strong conceptual thinker with design sensibilities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A love for typography, grid-based design & illustrations
- A collaborative team player with an interest in learning & listening to others
- Self-motivated, resourceful, hardworking with a positive attitude
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite & Sketch, plus other related programs to create assets that animate, GIF etc.
- Past experience working in luxury or fashion a plus, but not required