Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data & its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms & innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation & vehicle history.
CarGurus is looking for skilled Software Engineers who can help drive the efficiency with which we deliver & evolve our industry leading products. The Senior Software Engineer has solid programming fundamentals & deep experience with Java & scalable, performant solutions. The ideal candidate will also have demonstrated the ability to push a codebase forward in an incremental way.
What You'll Do:
- Architect, design, develop, deploy & operate Java services that serve millions of users.
- Collaborate with other teams to maximize project effectiveness while reducing waste.
- Utilize appropriate frameworks to create highly maintainable code.
- Write code that is performant & takes advantage of caching strategies when appropriate
- Have a say in future direction of technologies & best practices.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of experience; ideally in fast paced environments; we are pushing new code daily
- Expert level knowledge of Java (preferred) or similar language.
- Extensive experience with concurrency, multi-threading, web applications & event driven architectures
- A strong understanding of data structures, algorithms & complexity analysis
- The ability to iterate & ship ideas quickly, with loose direction.
- Able to work across teams with both technical & non-technical stakeholders
- Willingness to work outside your comfort zones, to evaluate & work with new technologies
- Data-driven when making decisions
- Biased towards action & automation
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, & JS
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity & collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible & hardworking. We have a great respect for testing & learning & a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball & ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK & Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI & Dublin, Ireland. If youd like to learn more, please visit our careers page.