Who we are & what we do
SurveyMonkey (Nasdaq: SVMK), is a leader in agile software solutions for customer experience, market research, & survey feedback. Our mission is to power the curious & enable organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500, to transform feedback into action. Our brand is beloved & well known throughout the worldover 6 billion people have taken a SurveyMonkey survey! Today, more than 17 million active users rely on our platform to measure & understand feedback from employees, customers, website & app users, & the market. And our enterprise-grade products & solutions enable 335,000+ organizations globally to solve daily challengesfrom delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention.
What we're looking for
During your internship, you will work closely with our Product Design Team on design projects that support SurveyMonkey's core experience: survey creation, sending, survey-taking, & data analysis. You will gain experience through designing feature improvements, working on an actual feature from scratch, observing your designs being tested with real customers, & working side-by-side with product managers & engineers.
- Design feature improvements & fixes
- Design a brand new product feature
- Collaborate with designers, product managers, & engineers
- Provide support to Product Design team members
- Attend Product Design team meetings & be an active participant
- Take part in design feedback sessions & iterate based on feedback
- Participate in user research sessions
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Product Design, Graphic or another related field
- Knowledge of UX research methods including usability testing, customer interviews & survey research
- Strong skills in designing both user experiences & interfaces
- Ability to work both independently & on a team
- Exceptional communications skills
- Experience with Sketch, Abstract, Invision, & able to use them with confidence
- Some experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator
- Familiar with motion prototyping experience with Principle, AfterAffects, or other
- Strong understanding of how code works
- Familiarity with SurveyMonkey
- Experience working with Product Managers & Engineers
- Strong Visual Design Skills - layout, color, typography
- Can design through code
- Experience with UserTesting.com or other remote research tools
- Prior experience conducting user research
What we offer our employees
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, & culture for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, & APAC, we're building a workplace where people of every background can thrive. We've won multiple awards & received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental & bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, & Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work & FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 & 2019, & we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC's Disruptor 50 & the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, & inclusion efforts here.