Peloton is looking for a well-rounded Packaging Designer to support the ideation, development, design & execution of all packaging. Our ideal candidate is a conceptual, detail-oriented, systematic thinker who strategically designs packaging towards a larger brand narrative while also considering the smaller, thoughtful details that enhance the consumer experience. A perfect fit would be a creative who has experience as part of an in-house team & has had exposure to the full packaging design & development process. The role will report to our Associate Creative Director, Physical CX & will be based out of our HQ in New York.
- Work with ACD & Senior Designers to maintain, evolve & iterate on a cohesive, elevated design system that heroes our product & ensures brand consistency across all packaging touchpoints
- Help manage the process through concept, design, engineering, cost analysis, production & manufacturing
- Work in close partnership with Package Engineering, Industrial Design, Hardware, Operations/Logistics, Sourcing, Visual Merchandising & Marketing organizations, guiding the design process & synthesizing feedback & input from stakeholders
- Ensure that all packaging meets cost & business objectives
- Coordinate & control quality across various packaging manufacturers
- Drive innovation in packaging through structure, materials & manufacturing processes by staying up to date on industry trends & technology
- Work with ACD, Senior Designers & Engineering to optimize & streamline the packaging process with mindfulness to scalability
- Maintain standards & help to build packaging brand guidelines as we continue to expand our product portfolio & distribution
- Help strategize new opportunities & improvements to consumer experience as they relate to packaging
- Comfortable designing in 2D & 3D, as well as building physical prototypes
- 3-5 years of experience in branding & design with a focus on packaging
- Bachelors degree in Graphic Design, Industrial Design or related field
- Experience as part of an in-house creative team
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience
- Experience across the full packaging design & development process from concept through execution, including vendor communication & management
- Understanding of structural design, printing, materials & manufacturing processes
- Capable of working on all packaging touchpoints including core product packaging, soft goods, shipping boxes, printed collateral, etc.
- Strong visual design aesthetic including typography, pattern & photography
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries to define, manage, & prioritize work
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal & analytical skills
- Ability to tackle complex projects under tight timelines while maintaining a positive attitude
- Unwavering attention to detail & a strong sense of ownership
- Understanding of (and excitement around) Pelotons brand, aesthetic, voice & mission
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, etc), Rhino & Cinema. Experience with other 3D software is a plus.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is an innovative tech company that brings members the best workouts possible, all from the convenience of their own homes via the Bike, Tread & iOS App platforms. Peloton uses technology & design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime.
Peloton believes in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. We put our users, members, & customers first & we obsess over every touch point of the member experience be it the studio, product or showroom. We like to hire the best & encourage all our associates to be Pelotons brand ambassadors. Most importantly, we know that together we go far.