KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provided end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences
Project Manager - Architecture
The Project Manager, Architecture position (referred to internally as Project Lead) allows you to hone & develop your professional, technical, communication, & managerial skills, while providing immediate growth opportunity in shaping the standards, practices, & environment of this multi-disciplinary design office. You will work closely with the Vertical Director & design team to provide the highest level of client service & design execution. You will drive the preparation of project plans, diagrams, renderings, & specifications on a daily basis. You will communicate with support teams for documentation of permit drawings & presentation renderings & help to coordinate between clients & our global team of internal & external partners.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Project Design Lead & project team to generate clear diagrams, technical drawings & code analysis of projects
- Interface with & provide technical guidance to collaborating design & production teams, both domestic & abroad.
- Coordinate with consultants, collaborating design partners, & internal Katerra cross-functional teams to develop assemblies & details that are applicable for both manufacturing & construction.
- Initiate & participate in projects in the Research & Development department, specifically designing & developing modular & prefabricated building systems
- Support management in staffing, fee estimating, & scheduling.
- Write project agreements, develop & monitor project budget & financials, & provide project status updates.
- Manage client & consultant coordination.
- Develop & drive project design schedules.
- Drive project entitlement & plan review processes.
- Drive QA/QC process on projects in collaboration with cross functional QC team.
- Drive construction administration process on projects.
- Participate in performance review feedback for project staff.
- Partner with internal cross-functional teams to develop & implement project execution plan.
- Contribute to maintaining & creating firm-wide documentation procedures & standards.
- Assume mentorship role for junior staff.
- Some travel will be required.
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 8+ years of experience in architecture, with proven success in project management role
- An accredited undergraduate degree in architecture
- Knowledge of architecture & architectural principles & techniques
- Knowledge of building materials & construction methods
- General knowledge of construction principles & practices
- Experience in construction administration & specification review
- Ability to interpret applicable building codes, local ordinances, & regulatory agencies
- Experience in managing contracts, budgets, & production delegation
- Strong skills in Autodesk Revit Architecture, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, learning & successfully working in multicultural environments.
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Highly motivated, with aspirations for career growth
- Architectural licensure & prior experience in multifamily & mixed-use projects
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Initiative to execute on self-guided, special initiative projects
- Strong verbal, written, & graphic communication skills that help with collaboration across large, global, cross-functional teams
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Flexibility to evolve with various challenges & directions as new projects & initiatives unfold
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding, dynamic work environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Disciplined work ethic with great attitude & energy
- Ability to multi-task & work on multiple projects & teams concurrently
- An interest in & knowledge of sustainability & green building practice, including LEED, Passive House Standards, Living Building Challenge, etc.
- Desire to change the architecture & construction industry for the better, & motivation to not follow the status quo
- Proficiency with Rhino, Grasshopper, and/or parametric scripting
- Strong rendering capabilities & aesthetic
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.