Were hiring a Senior Product Designer for our Newsletters.
Please include a link to an online or PDF portfolio with your application.
About our team & what well build together
Our design team is a group of fast-moving, innovative creators who thrive on building beautiful experiences Skimmrs love. As a member of the design team, youll envision & create impactful product experiences to educate, inform, & inspire our community.
As a Senior Product Designer for Newsletters, youll have the opportunity to shape, evolve & strategize how Skimmrs discover & engage with all our newsletter offerings. Youll bring your expertise in advocating users' needs by deeply understanding their problems while still working within business & technical constraints.
How youll contribute to our mission
- Lead the design & strategy of our portfolio of newsletters
- Represent the user & ensure UX integrity while balancing business needs
- Work with Product, Engineering, & cross-functional partners to innovate new features, experiences, & capabilities
- From concept through implementation, youll design beautiful & engaging web & email experiences
- Partner closely & collaborate with the sales, brand, marketing, editorial, & business stakeholders
- Run user testing, design reviews, brainstorming, & collaboration sessions
- Foster a collaborative process with teams across the organization
- Work with the entire design team to evolve the design system, understanding the value of design patterns & helping to build & maintain a cohesive visual language
Youre ready for this! Heres a bit more about what were looking for
- 4+ years of product design experience
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of design craft
- Expertise in scaling & building design systems
- Give feedback with kindness & candor
- Strong critical thinking & communication skills
- Proficient in Figma, Google Suite, Jira, & prototyping tools
- A passion for growth as a designer & sharing design methods, & strategies with your team
- Previous experience working with email newsletters is a plus
- Ability to refine other peoples ideas & push the best concept forward
- Keen interest in elevating theSkimms products & bringing new offerings to life
Why we love working here
We are mission driven & values driven:
We are collectively building an impactful brand to empower generations of informed, confident women. Our vision is for every woman to have the info they need to navigate a complex world & the decisions in it. Every role has a purpose & allows us to provide useful information succinctly & contextualized. We tee her up to take action - whichever action is right for her, wherever she is.
We are values driven at every point - how we work, the way we work & our culture come straight from our core values. Each of us supports this incredible brand & takes part in its continued growth, fulfilling the needs of our audience each & every day.
We put you & your personal lives first - we have a generous benefits policy that demonstrates we are listening to what our employees need:
- Unlimited vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- A hybrid working model with flexibility for remote work
- Comprehensive insurance plans & commuter benefits
- Auto-enrollment into a MassMutual 401(k) plan starting on your first day & employer contribution available after one year of employment
- Rewards for every work anniversary
- One month paid sabbatical after your five year anniversary as a full-time employee
We support our parents at all points on their journey:
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave (adoption, fostering & surrogacy included)
- Bereavement leave for pregnancy loss
- Phased return to work schedule availability
- Flexibility based on parental schedules
- Access to family building & fertility benefits
- Flexible & broad-scale child support program
Your well being is our priority:
- We honor Sacred Time in our workplace
- We have aligned company time off during the summer to truly allow for us all to break from our work at the same time
- We offer fitness membership reimbursement
- One Medical Membership is included with our benefits
We have a vibrant, collaborative, & supportive culture (we celebrate & have fun!):
- Weekly company updates led by our co-founders/co-CEOs
- Weekly lunch stipend for HQ employees
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee awards ceremonies to celebrate individual accomplishments
- Clubs & activities designed to meet other employees like book clubs, new hire buddy programs, rooftop lunches, off-sites, & wellness focused classes
- Numerous culture events that enable our workforce, in the office & remote, to connect & have fun
Your career & development are a priority:
- Annual learning & development stipend
- LEAD@theSkimm, our leadership development program
- DEI initiatives to ensure we are the best partners & colleagues to each other
- Career development guidance & planning
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Complimentary access to theSkimms suite of membership products & swag
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking, & diverse group of people building a media company that makes it easier to live smarter
Our story, Skimmd
We are a digital media company, dedicated to succinctly giving women the information they need to make confident decisions. We make it easier to live smarter.
At our core, we are writers, editors, producers, designers, marketers, engineers, analysts, sellers, creatives, & strategists all working together to achieve this goal.
Everyday were breaking down the news, trends, policies, & politics that impact women so that they can navigate their daily lives & futures from managing their paychecks to casting their ballots with confidence. We provide our dedicated audience of millions with reliable, non-partisan, information, informing & empowering them while fitting into their daily routines.
Since disrupting the media landscape & defining a new category a decade ago, we have become a trusted source for our audience of millions by seamlessly integrating into their existing routines, fundamentally changing the way they consume news & make decisions. Today theSkimm ecosystem includes the Daily Skimm, the Daily Skimm: Weekend, Skimm Money & Skimm Your Life newsletters, top-rated podcasts: Skimm This & 9 to 5ish with theSkimm, theSkimm mobile app, virtual course series SkimmU, & Skimm Studios which creates innovative in-house video & audio content. Our first book, How to Skimm Your Life debuted at #1 on The New York Times Best Seller list. Through Skimm Impact, our purpose-driven platform, we are proud to support get-out-the-vote efforts with Skimm Your Ballot, which has spurred one million voting-related actions across the last three election cycles, & it's #ShowUsYourLeave movement, creating transparency & change for Paid Family Leave in the U.S.
Come join us!
Learn more about us & our other opportunities here.
What about the office?
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY with flexibility for remote work. This role can be fully remote.
Our office is available to use three days a week - Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday. We have a hybrid environment & ask that employees within the New York Metro area come together in person a minimum of three days per month. All other days are up to the discretion of the employees during the three days a week that the office will be open. We are continuing to closely monitor the state of COVID-19 in New York & will adjust this plan accordingly.
We will require COVID-19 vaccinations for anyone coming to our office. We are following CDC recommendations & will also require additional boosters, & will always follow CDC & NY state guidance on wearing masks in the office.
*Any correspondence from our team will come from a @theskimm.com email account!