Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. In our ever-changing ecosystem, Open Banking is introducing new competition to financial institutions in the battle for the consumer & merchant relationship. We are building a brand new technology platform that will drive the future of this area & enhance Visa's value as a payments network. Built on the latest standards/tech stack & providing open APIs & new modes of connectivity for data sharing, this platform will help drive innovation in the entire ecosystem.
We valuecreative & driven individualswho love toowntheir products, & design & implement solutions that create aseamless experiencefor consumers & clients. Our developers work across the stack, & are experts in service oriented architectures & technologies likeAngularJS, Java, Akka, Hadoop, Cassandra, Hazelcast, Kafka & Containers.
As we embark on the journey to build this new platform, we are looking for a Staff Software Engineer who can lead the detailed design & development activities for this product build.
The role involves extensive hands-on activitiesincluding POCs, design, documentation, development & test of new functionality.
Here are key job responsibilities -
- Responsible for the architecture, design & development
- Interact with both business & technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products & services that meet business requirements & expectations while applying the latest available tools & technology
- Lead the development of new products iteratively by building quick POCs & converting ideas into real products
- Design, code & integrate application business layer with external application components
- Develop code & mentor junior developers to ensure deliverables are on time, within budgetand with good code quality
- Have a passion for delivering zero defect code & be responsible for insuring the team's deliverables meet or exceed the prescribed defect SLA
- Coordinate Continuous Integration activities, testing automation frameworksand other related items in addition to contributing core product code
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, & features in business terms
- Effectively communicate status, issues, & risks in a precise & timely manner
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field required
- 8+ years of relevant experience with 3+ years of experience in technical leadership role
- Expertise with the Java 8 platform or higher
- Expertise with Spring, Vertx, Akkaframework or similar
- Experience building Microservices, specifically with HTTP, REST, JSON andXML.
- Experience with Relationaland NoSQL database
- Experience in GIT, Maven, Jenkins or such build automation tools
- Proven experience delivering highly scalable & available production systems
- Strong analytical, problem solving & communication/articulation skills
- Experience with Agile methodologies & software development lifecycle principles
- Previous experience with financial services/payments processing experience a big plus