The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines & voice assistants, businesses around the world, like Taco Bell, Marriott, & Jaguar Land Roveras well as organizations like the U.S. State Departmenttrust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites & across the entire search ecosystem.
The rapidly growing Enterprise Division is a cross functional team of Sales, Account Management & Business Development responsible for growing Yexts business from $30M to $100M in revenue. With a focus on Fortune 50-500 brands across the United States & global chain businesses internationally, we work with brands across Automotive, Financial Services, Hospitality, Insurance, Retail & more. You can learn more about our clients & their stories here.
As an Associate Sales Engineer, you are responsible for assisting to grow our client base with a focus on Fortune 50-500 clients across the United States. The Sales Engineer is responsible for understanding our customers & prospects needs & developing the appropriate solution footprint & benefit assessment. This involves performing the necessary needs assessment & analysis to clearly define the business objectives & capabilities, as well as the supporting business case, & demonstrating how those requirements are supported using Yext solutions.
What Youll Do
- Partner with the Enterprise Field Sales team during the sales process to assist in developing account / opportunity strategies, planning & execution.
- Utilize strong business acumen, including best practices & business processes, to understand & communicate business requirements & solutions strategy to customers & prospects.
- Communicate the value of Yext solutions & position in the market place. Help shape the evolution of our solutions by partnering with Customer Success, Product Management, Product Marketing & Development.
- Provide customer specific product demonstrations in support of requirements & business cases.
- Create lasting, mutually beneficial relationships across enterprise accounts & strategic partners.
- Develop a strategy & multi-year vision for account penetration.
- Complete technical responses to RFPs & RFIs.
- Offer guidance on technical aspects of Yext solutions as part of the sales process.
What You Have
- Minimum 5 years of business experience preferably in a SaaS business environment.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing/product experiences & an understanding of how they connect brands & consumers.
- Sales and/or pre-sales experience with SaaS/Cloud products; experience in a marketing performance environment with a solid understanding of SEO & SEM is preferred.
- Demonstrated history of quota attainment or team goal attainment.
- Experience selling to & working with C-Level & top line management to understand business strategy & objectives.
- Ability to develop business cases that communicate requirements & solutions strategy to enterprise level prospects & customers.
- Excellent communication & presentation skills; must be dynamic in presenting ideas to clients & prospective clients from VP to C-level
- Must work well in a team selling environment.
- BA/BS or similar college level education, MBA a plus.
- Travel needs vary by territory
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.