Since 2010, Birchbox has redefined the way people discover & shop for beauty & grooming by pairing a monthly subscription of handpicked, customized samples with relevant content & a curated e-commerce shop.
Birchboxs trailblazing subscription concept has continued to innovate. Today, it speaks directly to an otherwise-overlooked, underserved consumera consumer who Birchbox calls "The Casual Consumer. Casual Consumers are not passionate about beauty, & want a simple, personalized way to explore, buy, & use beauty. They want it to be easy, effective, funand they expect the same things of their beauty products. Birchbox is the destination for all who identify as Beauty Casual.
As Birchbox continues to innovate, the women-founded-and-run company is eagerly working to become a leader in industry-wide efforts toward greater sustainability & racial equity. Birchbox operates in three countries, & reaches more than 2.5 million active customers with a portfolio of 300 best-in-class prestige brand partners.
Visit www.birchbox.com for a forever useful, always delightful beauty & grooming experience.
Birchbox is looking for a Data Analyst to play a crucial role in the analytics lifecycle by meeting across teams to gather requirements, design & build data models, & evaluate to derive insight. This position assists report creation in Metabase through team training & consultations & will build end-user reporting.
This position reports to the Manager, Business Intelligence & will work with business stakeholders across the organization, with an emphasis on supporting our marketing functions.
**Our office is based out of New York, NY. Due to COVID, our team is working remotely until further notice.**
- Collaborate with cross teams to understand strategy/execution tactics & help us make better, data-driven business decisions
- Model clean datasets for analysis using dbt & SQL
- Understand existing metrics/data availability across our analytics platform, which includes fivetran, dbt, Metabase, Databricks, & an event-tracking platform
- Develop primary & secondary metrics & dashboards to track customer health across the entire customer journey, including acquisition, retention, & engagement.
- Measure & evaluate brand & cross-channel marketing campaigns across different measures (e.g. sales, traffic, marketing leads, brand awareness/consideration) to understand short & long-term business impact
- Create dashboards & reporting that answers direct questions, & also support self-service reporting & best practices across non-technical stakeholders
- Proactively raise, support, & improve data for answering direct questions & self-service reporting
- Advise & advocate for data & reporting best practices across our technical & non-technical teams
- Bachelors degree or equivalent training/education
- 0-2 years of experience in product or data analytics. Knowledge of marketing analytics (growth, traffic, attribution, incrementality) is a plus
- Working proficiency in SQL for modeling & querying data. dbt experience is a plus.
- Ability to develop analytical frameworks, design experiments, measure performance & understand performance drivers.
- Ability to translate data into clear, meaningful stories that can be understood by both technical & non-technical audiences
- Experience with git & comfort with the concept of versions & version control in codeor an interest & excitement to learn
A successful candidate
- Uses disciplined structured logic to explain trends & concepts using available data
- Loves collaborating with technical & non-technical stakeholders
- Investigates & searches for their own answers, but doesnt hesitate to ask for help or clarity when needed
- Has a growth mindset, & is energized by learning opportunities.
- Sees inefficient or unscalable processes & takes initiative to improve them.
- Is interested in learning about media measurement, including MMM, MTA, incremental lift studies, & A/B testing, as well as an understanding of strengths & weaknesses of each measurement methodology
Birchbox welcomes people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, & experiences. We celebrate how different perspectives benefit our employees, our products, & our community. We are focused on cultivating a diverse & inclusive work environment that encourages collaboration, creativity, & innovation. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
***To support an inclusive & equitable hiring process, we are eliminating resume submissions. To complete your application, answer the questions below.**