WHO ARE WE?
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni & counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
We are looking for an experienced Director of Technical Product Management who is passionate about building & integrating the systems powering the products our customers love. You will join a dynamic & fast-paced environment & work with cross-functional teams & partners to design, build, & roll out systems that deliver the companys vision & strategy.
In this role, youll lead a team of product managers to enable impactful, outcomes-focused learning experiences by building & executing a roadmap for our technical ecosystem, including admissions, learning, & job placement. Youll productize operations & processes through the deployment of modern & best-in-class systems. Partnerships & the implementation of off the shelf solutions will be a crucial part of delivering, & youll be comfortable working with a variety of vendors. The role also requires creating workflows & experiences through integration & creating paths for migration & deprecation of legacy tools & systems.
- Work with internal & external stakeholders across the globe to understand their technology needs, including a set of B2B & B2C reference customers & partners
- Articulate a clear technology strategy & map the steps that will accelerate progress
- Anticipate challenges & build in mitigation strategies
- Evaluate possible solutions & partners & influence their roadmaps while keeping up with the latest technology & market trends
- Test ideas upfront to attain a minimally sufficient level of confidence that the investment will yield the expected return & that it is feasible to deliver & operate the solution
- Create business cases & gain executive approval for new ideas & keep leadership up to date on how technology investments are performing & where to invest next
- Organize cross-functionally with operations, marketing, admissions, & engineering teams to establish precise business requirements as well as to test, iterate, & scale programs globally
- Ensure product success by developing robust market requirements & go-to-market strategies, including training, implementation, launch, & ongoing support
- Ensures that delivery teams validate & deliver against the objectives of the project & user/customer expectations early & often
- Collaborate with senior leaders in engineering, learning, & design to manage capacity, resources, & cross-team dependencies
- Coach direct reports to help them achieve their goals & deliver against the business vision
- Analyze & use data to enable prioritization & planning
- 5-10 years experience in Product Management with experience delivering complex integrations, migrations, & technical implementations
- Experience working face to face with customers, clients, partners, & vendors in a product management environment building long-standing relationships
- Strategic & effective communication skills, using various modalities to inspire, educate, map, influence, & persuade
- Ability to translate product vision into action by creating business cases, competitive analysis, product assessments, product-market fit, & product differentiation analysis
- Hands-on experience working in an agile environment supporting fully agile delivery teams, ideally in a Scrum environment
- Alignment with & passion for GAs mission to transform our students lives through learning & alignment with GAs Statement of Diversity & Inclusion
- Ability to work with all levels of management, including executive leadership, & manage through indirect influence
- Knowledge of the competitive landscape & industry players/leaders in the broader context of the product