At Kensho, we hire talented people & give them the autonomy, support, & resources needed to build cutting edge technology & products. We produce a suite of AI-powered solutions that solves the challenges of the largest, most successful businesses & institutions, helping them make sense out of a world full of messy data.
Kensho's AI Toolkit group develops the software that delivers Kensho's AI capabilities to our customers. Our teams are small, product-focused, & intent on shipping high-quality code that best leverages our efforts. We're collegial, humble, & inquisitive, & we delight in learning from teammates with backgrounds, skills, & interests different from our own.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer in the AI Toolkit group, you will develop reliable, secure, & performant web apps that deliver our toolkit to non-developer customers. You will collaborate with colleagues from Design, Machine Learning, Product, & Infrastructure, as well as with other engineers within AI Toolkit. You have a demonstrated capacity for depth, but are comfortable working with a broad range of technologies. You are a thoughtful, deliberate technologist & share your knowledge generously.
What You'll Do:
- Design, develop, test, document, deploy, maintain, & improve software
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines, & deliverables
- Work with key stakeholders to develop system architectures, API specifications, implementation requirements, & complexity estimates
- Test assumptions through instrumentation & prototyping
- Promote ongoing technical development through code reviews, knowledge sharing, & mentorship
What You'll Need:
- At least five years of direct experience developing web applications within a team
- Thoughtful & efficient communication skills (both verbal & written)
- Experience developing web applications using a variety of tools
- Experience turning abstract business requirements into concrete technical plans
- Experience working across many stages of the software development lifecycle
- Sound reasoning about the behavior & performance of loosely-coupled systems
- Proficiency with algorithms (including time & space complexity analysis), data structures, & software architecture
- At least one domain of demonstrable technical depth
Technology You'll Encounter:
- TypeScript, React, Node.js
- Git, Jsonnet, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes