The Manager of Training Development oversees the content production process for online learning & is responsible for driving day-to-day content development activities using the ADDIE model. Activities include: ensuring content aligns with Appians competency model framework, reviewing course scripts & providing feedback on accuracy & structure; reviewing storyboards to ensure consistency across contributors & adherence to development standards; review of final course output for quality & flow within a curriculum. The Manager of Training Development is also an individual contributor, working with SMEs to understand topics & developing course assets. Approximate time spent across activities: 25% developing content; 50% providing feedback to other ISDs, & 25% on management-related activities.
The ideal candidate should be extremely detail-oriented & have experience with e-learning, curriculum development, & various learning methodologies in a technical field.
- Design & maintain the technical competencies through needs analyses & product feature changes
- Act as a product SME to design, develop, & evaluate online training to support the technical competency framework
- Manage instructional design team members; ensure adherence to procedures, course development timelines, & consistent/appropriate use of project management & activity tracking tools (e.g., JIRA)
- Guide ISDs on the scope & definition of course objectives & lesson outlines
- Review & edit content for accuracy, quality, & consistency & ensure adherence to content development procedures
- Work with SMEs across departments to understand product features & implementation best practices
- Design assessments & create & leverage feedback mechanisms to analyze the quality of existing content & develop training solutions that better meet customer needs
- Research industry technologies, methods, & benchmarks for better & more effective approaches to content development, delivery, & outcomes
- Utilize best practices & learning management strategies to maximize user experience & knowledge transfer
- Collaborate with the L&D team to manage the learning management system (LMS), & work with the SMTD/media production team to ensure the the user experience is modern & that content is easy to access & navigate
- Support & triage customer account & log-in issues
Preferred Experience Level: 5-7 years of experience with content development and/or technical instruction & 3-5 years management experience. The ideal candidate should have strong communication & excellent writing skills & be able to perform well under pressure to meet challenging deadlines. Experience with SCORM, Tin-Can, xAPI, Captivate, Articulate, Snagit, LMS administration, ADDIE, content scripting, storyboarding, & editing.
Education: B.S. in E-Learning, Education, Instructional Design or related field/degree
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination. #LI-MB1