Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Were looking for a strategic & experienced Insights leader who can bring an understanding of analytics & the ability to apply those analytics to solve real customer & business problems. In this role, youll be managing & developing a team of managers & analysts to help them deliver value by translating data into strategic insights that drive Product decisions at Mailchimp. Youll communicate opportunities for business growth & optimizations to department leadership, & coach your team on delivering compelling insights that drive business decisions. You will also be responsible for maintaining an intake process for your team, allocating resources effectively, communicating the impact of larger projects to department leadership, & ensuring focus on work that is most valuable for the company.
As a Senior Manager of Product Analytics, you will work cross-functionally with other leaders in Product Analytics, UX Research, Market Insights, Design, Engineering, & Product Management to ensure productive cross-functional collaboration. The ideal candidate will be able to combine a deep knowledge of analytics with effective storytelling & a passion for coaching & mentoring people, & scaling teams effectively.
What youll do here:
- Grow the Product Analytics team through hiring, coaching, training & mentoring existing team members
- Effectively manage a process for the teams work & resource allocation
- Evangelize Product Analytics & Mailchimps Strategic Vision vision through effective communication approaches & a deep understanding of the customer, based on thorough analysis & research
- Partner with the Director of Product Analytics to translate the Companys strategic vision into clear measurable goals.
- Define qualitative & quantitative metrics for Product Initiatives & coach a team of Product Analysts to define these goals within their Domains
- Enable the development of research & analysis in support of KPIs through partnership with other insights disciplines
- Coach a team of managers & product analysts effectively deliver actionable analysis in support of Mailchimps strategic direction & go-to-market strategy
- Translate data into consumable, actionable narratives around the impact of Analytics & opportunities to improve the Customer Experience within the Product
- Partner with Product Insights, Strategy, & Engineering teams to create consistent definitions of KPIs & data tracking requirements to be used throughout the company
- Consult with product domains & work cross-functionally with Product, Engineering, Marketing, Insights, & other key stakeholders to develop & implement strategies & processes that leverage insights to fuel design & business decisions through optimizations & new feature development
- Ensure cross-functional teams are able to learn & manage the experimentation & measurement process from end to end.
Wed love to hear from you if:
- You have 7 or more years experience in an analytics focused role
- You have significant experience translating data into actionable insights & demonstrated ability to use data to drive business decisions
- You are experienced leading teams of both individual contributors & managers
- You are a strong communicator, collaborator, & problem-solver
- You have demonstrated, hands-on experience with data visualization tools
- You have experience with web analytics tools, specifically Google Analytics (certification preferred)
- You possess expertise with experimentation tools, specifically Optimizely
- You have proven experience analyzing data from a variety of different sources (quantitative & qualitative), presenting the data in a clear & concise manner, & making strategic recommendations
- You are proficient in SQL, Web Analytics
- You have the ability to work & communicate with both technical & non-technical colleagues to analyze data & solve problems
- You have strong collaboration skills & proven ability to gain trust & influence others
- You have strong verbal & written communication skills, with a proven ability to present & communicate insights & data to senior management
- Bachelors or Graduate degree preferred (business or mathematics)
- Nice to have: Experience in Growth strategy & retention analysis
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.