Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. Almost a decade later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year & helps them lead better lives, join us!
The Codecademy talent team is dedicated to finding & landing the best candidates in order to help us grow the strongest possible business. We are looking for a Technical Sourcer / Junior Recruiter to help us achieve our ambitious hiring goals & take Codecademy to the next level. As a Technical Sourcer / Junior Recruiter, you will collaborate with the talent team as well as key stakeholders across every department to drive the hiring process forward.
What You'll Do
- Partner with Codecademy talent team to define & accomplish hiring goals
- Craft detailed sourcing strategies that realize diversity, inclusion, & talent for Codecademy
- Creatively execute inbound, outbound, & referral-based sourcing techniques, with an emphasis on driving internal teams participation
- Collaborate with recruiting team to guide candidates through the full lifecycle recruiting process
- Continuously find opportunities to improve & fine tune the sourcing process at Codecademy
- Hire part time remote content contributors to aid in the efficient creation of new course materials for Codecademy Curriculum Team
What You'll need
- 2+ years of agency and/or internal technical recruiting experience
- Proven track record of identifying & assessing top talent
- A meticulous approach to organization
- An innate understanding of how to prioritize
- Excellent written & verbal interpersonal skills to effectively communicate the Codecademy mission to candidates
- Experience with Application Tracking Systems, Greenhouse preferred
- Experience with email campaign tools, Gem preferred
What Will Make You Stand Out
- A proven track record of achieving goals in a metrics based environment
- Technical recruiting experience both in house & with some agency roots
- Startup or SaaS recruiting experience
- Network of engineers in NYC area
- Data analytical experience to derive insights from recruiting data
- Interest in learning to code strongly preferred
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of learners with our product & in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- & works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds & beliefs are empowered to better their futures.