Who we are?
Conveniently located in downtown Montreal, Evolocity Financial Group is a financial technology company that offers small & medium-sized businesses alternative lending. In December 2018, Evolocity & OnDeckannounced an agreement to combine their Canadian operations to create a leading online platform serving small businesses in Canada. In April 2019, the transaction successfully closed, officially establishing OnDeck Canada as one of Canadas largest online lenders to small business.
Evolocity uses data aggregation from hundreds of data points along with business credit scores & bank statements to evaluate the financial health of small & medium sized businesses. Using this we efficiently deliver cashflow solutions in a market underserved by the major banks. Through the Evolocity platforms, small businesses can obtain affordable loans & merchant cash advance in a much more convenient & customer-friendly way.
Why we need you?
We are looking for a Business Development Manager who will be based in Toronto & will work remotely from a home office or Wework collaborative space. The individual will be required to travel from time to time to various client sites & to our Montreal office. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to Evolocitys growth & success by sourcing & bringing on viable partnerships in Eastern Canada. Reporting to the Vice-President, Business Development, the Business Development Manager will establish & grow originations across the intermediary network. This individual will originate & pre-qualify new business opportunities & work closely with internal stakeholders to monitor & assess how loans are managed through the funnel.
- Source & onboard new partners for our Merchant Referral Partner (MRP) & Funding Advisor Programs (FAP)
- Identify strategic verticals that align with our current product offerings & use business development skills to acquire & manage top tier referral sources
- Ensure 100% compliance with the accreditation & onboarding process for all intermediaries
- Build education tools in collaboration with Marketing to help partners understand & maximize the opportunity to work with our organization
- Work closely with the sales & marketing teams in forecasting pipeline growth, sales activity & revenue achievements
- Conduct webinars to train & educate partners on our products
- Achieve or exceed monthly, quarterly & yearly quotas
- Maintain a strong awareness on key industry trends & become a subject matter expert when engaging with partners & broker
Do you have what were looking for?
- Undergraduate degree in commerce, finance, economics, marketing or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years of business development & B2B sales experience within the Financial Services industry
- Existing book of business & network within the Financial Services industry (funding advisors, mortgage/loan working capital brokers, credit unions, insurance agencies, accounting firms, leasing, factoring, merchant processing, payroll services, etc.)
- Outstanding relationship builder with strong sales, influencing & negotiating skills
- Demonstrated accomplishments in creating new business opportunities & driving revenue from both cold & warm leads
- Proven experience selling through multiple vertical markets is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of indirect & broker channels in Canada
- Strong knowledge of alternative assets, debt financing, small business lending
- Self-starter who is comfortable with developing their own success
- Enjoys change & is flexible to the needs of the business as it grows, & in return is provided with an opportunity to grow & progress
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills (written as well as verbal) & ability to interact with senior leadership, C-level management/customers
- Works well under pressure with the ability to manage & drive multiple priorities.
- Prior use of Salesforce is a plus but is not mandatory
Why you should work for us?
- Be part of an evolving organization
- Be part of a highly skilled team
- Work with people that love what they do
- Be part of a fun & modern company culture
- Great employee perks (flexible working arrangements, business travel, social events - just to name a few)