Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We are an enterprise customer data platform that empowers marketers to create personalized data-driven experiences for the customers. Were scrappy problem solvers who believe in tackling big challenges with disruptive thinking & giving our customers the support they need to deliver great next-generation experiences at scale.
Simon Data is a data-first customer experience orchestration platform, designed to disrupt the marketing technology & marketing cloud category. Simons platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale data & machine learning to power customer communications across every channel. Our unique approach allows brands to develop one-to-one relationships with their customers without building a bespoke in-house data infrastructure.
At Simon, we firmly believe that business success starts & ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This attitude is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, & give them ownership, great things happen.
At Simon, Finance does more than keep the lights on. The Finances team goal is to make every team more performant across measurement, planning, & analysis. As a Senior Accountant at Simon, you will be at the front lines of Finance at Simon. You will work with all parts of the business, & you will be able to shape Simon Datas accounting & finance processes. This will be vital for Simon Data as we place greater focus on internal metrics, budgets, & trends, as we continue to ensure we are running a highly performant, & efficient, business.
Successful Senior Accountants will take ownership of their daily, monthly & quarterly processes. Theyll seek opportunities to find efficiencies in the operational aspects of the finance function & allow for greater capacity on the finance teams qualitative analysis & organization influence.
What Youll Do
- Perform month-end close activities which include preparing monthly accruals, journal entries, & balance sheet reconciliations in accordance with US GAAP
- Ongoing review & processing of bank activity, credit card activity, accounts payable bills & assistance with accounts receivable invoices
- Ensure accuracy & timeliness in accounting for balance sheet line items, subscription revenue, operating expenses & other accounting areas
- Assist in preparing presentation to management on monthly P&L & other financial analysis
- Work with cross-functional partners to investigate & document fluctuations in budget to actual variances analyses & support business initiatives
- Monthly & Quarterly filings, including sales tax, commercial rent & others
- Provide support for audit requests, ad-hoc reporting & special projects as needed
- Ongoing collaboration with People Team on headcount management & administration of performance plans
- Partner with Business Operations to align customer billing to contracts
- 2 to 4 years of experience in Big 4 public accounting, private industry or both
- Experience working with Quickbooks, a plus
- Education: BS in Accounting preferred;
- Strong understanding of GAAP, CPA a plus
- Strong accounting & analytical skills
- Strong computer skills: Excel
- Excellent communication skills; proven ability to communicate effectively with internal & external business partners at various levels
- Detail oriented & ability to multitask
What We Offer
- 100% coverage of medical premiums for employee AND family
- Flexible PTO
- Generous Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Remote work, quarterly wellness, & client support stipends
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, & to receive other benefits & privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
COVID-19 vaccination is required for all employees whose position is based out of the NYC office. However, Simon will consider accommodations for disability- & religious-based reasons on a case by case basis.