BuzzFeed, the social news & entertainment company, is seeking a Senior Workday Analyst, to be the companys subject matter expert for Workday. Reporting to the Manager of People Technology, the Senior Workday Analyst will be responsible for Workday system optimization, implementation of new modules, testing, & configuration of new functionality. This role will work collaboratively with the People Team to streamline processes, deploy new functionalities & enhance the user experience.
Hands on configuration is a large part of this role.
The position can be based in our NYC or LA office, & we offer competitive compensation, benefits, & an employee stock option program.
- Function as a subject matter expert for all HR transactions & business processes, including advising the HR team, managers & employees in proper use of the system.
- Serve as a specialized Workday HCM technical & functional Analyst, with configuration experience in HCM, Compensation, Business Processes, Security, & have some experience with Advanced Compensation.
- Advanced knowledge of Workday report writing, including vast understanding of all data sources & primary business objects required to support integrations. This includes expert knowledge & creation of calculated fields.
- Perform ongoing reconciliations & audits of HR data to ensure data integrity.
- Audit, generate, & support mass EIB loads into Workday.
- Analyze & troubleshoot Workday related issues through the application of root-cause analysis & resolve as necessary. Provide support to internal users.
- Review, test & implementation of bi-annual Workday releases; Lead on determining impact, presenting suggested new features in detail with final recommendations to management on which to implement; participate in regression testing for new system features & communication of changes/benefits to end users.
- Create & maintain detailed testing documentation & training materials
- Participate in HR special projects. Support annual processes within the People team including benefits enrollment, performance/compensation reviews, etc
- Minimum 3 years HRIS experience as an analyst or specialist with Workday required.
The ideal candidate will have experience configuring & supporting Workday in the following modules: HCM, Absence, Time, & Integrations. Knowledge of Workday US Payroll configuration is a strong plus.
- Proven systems analysis, design, & problem solving skills. Strong organizational & project management skills.
- Experience in application & process improvement requirements gathering & design, including process maps & gap analysis with detailed documentation.
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal, written, & interpersonal communication skills.
- Work collaboratively as part of a global People Team
- Strong ability & desire to lead & manage projects
- Must be self-motivated, highly organized with the ability to prioritize independently
- 'Can do' attitude & a healthy sense of humor
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.