Welcome to Aetion! Since our debut in 2013, we have grown into one of the countrys leading science-driven technology companies using real-world evidence to provide innovative healthcare solutions.
We achieve this with our Aetion Evidence Platform, a software platform used to evaluate the safety, effectiveness & value of medications, delivering better outcomes to patients, medical professionals & clients. Weve partnered with top biopharma companies & are backed by leading venture capital firms to help increase our medical research & expand our product line.
To continue our mission to transform healthcare, were assembling a team of talented individuals who know how to work collaboratively & authentically, to innovate & think transformation, not status quo.
If thats you, wed love to hear from you.
Your primary responsibility will be developing transformation logic against disparate datasets into Aetion's proprietary format. You will work closely with our Science team in developing this logic, which is in SQL & Scala UDF & executed over a Spark cluster. In addition, you will be integral in developing & enhancing our ELT process which utilizes Apache Airflow (python), Spark/Databricks & a combination of Java/Scala to develop data ingestion infrastructure.
The following duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work on a full-stack rapid-cycle analytic distributed computing application
- Responsible for developing highly performant & scalable components that are able to handle large amounts of data (25+ million patients)
- Help develop a distributed system with concurrent access & usage patterns
- Work closely with our product team & science team to understand the needs of our clients
- Mentor the team members
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline
- 5+ years Java/C++/C# experience OR 2 year Scala experience
- 3+ year Python experience
- Extensive experience with Sql, Linux, Bash, Git, RDMS/NoSql
- Experience in building systems to process large datasets
- Experience in designing distributed systems at scale
- Strong ability to select, apply algorithms & data structures appropriate for processing large data sets
- Apache Spark/Hadoop/Hive experience
- Apache Airflow experience
- ETL/ELT experience
- Microservices/RESTful experience
- Managing datasets in excess of 1TB
- AWS experience
- Expert level Java/Scala/Python
- Demonstrated mastery of advanced concepts including multi-threaded / concurrent systems development & modern distributed architecture (e.g. RESTful APIs, microservices, message buses & serverless architectures). Required for Principal level position.
- Experience creating & deploying mission-critical code within a distributed data environment (e.g. Hadoop, Apache Spark)
- Experience working within a DevOps driven environment with emphasis on principles & mechanics of continuous integration & delivery (CI/CD). Required for Principal level position.
- Experience leading teams / projects with geographically distributed resources. Required for Principal level position.
- Lead at all levels Aetion is a diverse workforce of scientific thought leaders & technological innovators coming together with a vision to dramatically improve the Healthcare industry. Aetion supports & maintains a presence in organizations such as ISPOR, ISPE, ASHP, & HIMSS.
- Located in three cities We have offices located in Midtown Manhattan near Bryant Park, Boston's financial district, & Los Angeles. All locations are accessible by various forms of public transportation.
- Social & energetic offices with a modern layout, & a giant kitchen & eating/social area. We have an open floor plan with an abundance of conference rooms, designed for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, & industry meetups & events.
- Great perks We offer competitive salaries, top-of-the-line benefits, company ownership stock options, ample vacation, 401(k) match & a daily lunch provision.
Aetion is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aetion is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great & inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit & maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse & culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.