Schoology, one of the fastest growing education technology companies, is putting collaboration at the heart of the learning experience with an easy-to-use learning management system (LMS) that connects the people, content & systems that fuel education. Millions of students, faculty & administrators from over 60,000 K-12 schools & higher education institutions worldwide use Schoology to advance what is possible in education.
Working at Schoology offers you a chance to help solve the most important challenges in education in an environment thats fun, collaborative & innovative. We are looking for smart, creative individuals who are passionate about education & aren't afraid to show it.
What were looking for:
Were looking for someone starting their career in software development. We want to find someone excited about building great mobile experiences. Here you will find the guidance to grow into a strong, well-rounded software engineer. Our team is passionate about delivering software that makes an impact in education today.
On our team, you will:
- Enhance our native Android & iOS apps, using the best of native & the web.
- Work on a cross-functional team to help design, build, test, ship, & monitor features.
- Have a say in whats built we collaborate, not throw specs over the wall.
- Practice continuous integration & continuous delivery to release changes often.
- Have a real impact on software used by millions of students, parents, & educators worldwide.
- Troubleshoot & fix the problems that prevent them from accomplishing their goals.
Youre a good fit if you:
- Have experience building apps for Android or iOS.
- Have an interest in working across Android, iOS, & the web.
- Are comfortable writing code in Swift, Objective-C, Kotlin, or Java.
- Have a passion for software development.
- Have a desire to constantly learn, both on the job & outside.
- Are interested in collaborating closely with others.
- Are self-motivated, organized, & driven.
- Can explain the iOS app life cycle, or the Android app life cycle.
- Have written automated tests for your code.
- Have worked with web APIs.
- Can explain the ideas behind object-oriented code.
- Have a sense of ownership of your code.
- Believe that shipping code is just one step in the process.
- Have an understanding of computer science concepts like data structures & algorithms.
- Have used Git or Mercurial to manage your source code.
All team members at Schoology are expected to embody our core values which are Passion, Collaboration, Innovation, Curiosity & Integrity.
Our mission is to continuously advance what is possible in education. You in?
Schoology is an Equal Opportunity Employer & embraces diversity of every kind.