Poppin's Director, Supply Chain Operations is dynamic, entrepreneurial & analytical. We are looking for a strong leader & people manager with a passion for making things work efficiently & for making customers incredibly happy. We need a flexible thinker & problem solver who can also drive a process. They will be responsible for making our operations run smoothly from the point when our products leave the factory through delivery of the product to customers. The Director, Operations will work closely with other groups in the company to deliver an award-winning customer experience.
- Own the customer experience from fulfillment & delivery through to post-order customer support
- Improve & execute Poppins inbound ocean & outbound freight distribution strategy
- Drive down the total cost of fulfillment through an effective distribution strategy, superior execution, exception reduction & through world class customer service & support
- Manage the RFQ process, negotiate contracts & manage relationships with third party fulfillment & transportation providers
- Drive KPIs around on-time delivery, order fulfillment accuracy, inventory control, import/export compliance & tariffs
- Constantly review processes to drive efficiency & streamline operations
- Develop & implement technology, procedures & processes that will allow the business to scale
- Work with departments across the company to reduce errors & work toward a seamless, error free customer experience
- Mentor, coach & develop Operations team members, through active collaboration, positive reinforcement & on-going education
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering, or related field
- 7+ years experience
- Successful track record managing operations in a well-run, customer-focused business that sells physical products at significant scale
- Prior experience in a start-up and/or in a business with rapid growth
- Prior experience owning & leading an operation of significant scale & scope from end-to-end
- Excellent leadership skills that promote Poppins Work Happy mission
- Acute attention to detail & highly organized
- Highly analytical & critical thinker
- An eagerness to identify opportunities, find solutions, execute plans, & evaluate results critically
- A passion for solving problems from end-to-end
We believe that outfitting your office should be easythat's why weve reimagined the way people shop for their workspace. By eliminating middlemen, weve created a complete collection of commercial-grade office furniture & supplies while lowering prices & reducing delivery times. From startups to Fortune 500 companies, businesses rely on Poppin for complete workspace solutions to help build their brand & culture.
Recognized by Crains as one of NYs fastest-growing businesses, we have furniture showrooms in New York, San Francisco, & Los Angeles, & will have two more locations by the end of 2018. Our award-winning products are used in over 20,000 offices & sold in 3,000 retail locations nationwide.
Work happy isn't just our tagline, it's our ethos. We offer our team a mix of traditional & unconventional perks, & pride ourselves on providing top-notch benefits.