Teampay is an entirely new way to manage spend, giving you proactive controls & real-time visibility - without slowing down your employees. With Teampay's distributed spend management platform, you can manage all types of purchasing, made by anyone, from end-to-end. Employees love the effortless experience, & Finance teams can breathe easy knowing that all spending is pre-coded & pre-approved.
About the role
Teampay is looking for an Engineering Lead who has extensive experience working as an engineer as well as developing a team. You will be the backstop for your teams technical decisions, owning the whitespace in your teams project area. Its crucial that youre able to recognize bad patterns & help your team avoid them. In your day to day you will need to quickly identify a solution when presented with a problem, ensuring the team is focused on prioritization throughout the planning process. A successful lead will be able to align with our management values & philosophy, providing support & mentorship to their direct reports as well as those they collaborate with. If you are interested in joining a scaling start-up please apply below.
What you will do
- Take ownership of the teams technical roadmap, setting the unified roadmap with product managers for delivery
- Manage & support risks the backend engineering team may encounter
- Actively coach, train, & grow a team of engineers to deliver on product features while helping them improve their skill sets
- Ensure the timely delivery of engineering initiatives
- Work collaboratively with Product, Engineering, & Design teams to develop & deliver scalable & reliable products
- Communicate with the Executive staff to establish engineering best practices
- Mitigate escalations on the software platform
- Recognize system deficiencies & implement effective solutions
- 8+ years experience in software application development
- 1+ years experience hiring, mentoring, coaching & developing top engineering talent
- Experience building & running in production distributed large-scale backend systems
- Must have worked cross-functionally with Product Managers & Design peers
- Ability to provide honest, direct & actionable feedback to the team & follow up with relevant coaching & guidance
- Experience with Python & Django required
- Experience with React/Redux & Stylus preferred
Apply at Teampay if...
You're a builder. You're passionate about crafting things that matter. You're curious & agile in thought & action. You value authenticity & possess a strong work ethic. You're empathetic & look forward to learning from people unlike yourself. You want to make an impact with a strong team. You look for challenges that force you to grow. You rarely miss a detail & always learn from your mistakes. You have diverse interests outside of work, but are ready to pitch in & be responsive when the pressure is on.
You can learn more about the product at www.teampay.co.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.