The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines & voice assistants, businesses around the world, like Taco Bell, Marriott, & Jaguar Land Roveras well as organizations like the U.S. State Departmenttrust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites & across the entire search ecosystem
Yext is seeking a talented & business-oriented attorney to join its growing Legal team as a Senior Counsel, Employment. In this position, you will handle domestic & international labor & employment matters. This position is based in New York or Washington, D.C.
What Youll Do
- Advise company on labor & employment matters
- Work closely with Recruiting & HR departments to ensure compliance across all of Yexts global locations
- Help draft & enforce company polices, including Code of Conduct, Employee Handbook, workplace regulations
- Coordinate employee training programs
- Work with outside counsel on employment related matters
- Assist in drafting employment related documents, including employment agreements, commission plans, etc.
What You Have
- 5+ years at a leading multinational law firm, in-house at a multinational, or a combination thereof
- Strong subject matter expertise on Federal & State employment laws; ability to handle new jurisdictions, including internationally
- Flexibility & eagerness to work hard in fast-paced environment & meet tight deadlines
- Highly organized, process-driven & client-focused team player
- Law degree from an accredited U.S. law school & license to practice law
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance experience a plus
- Foreign language skills a plus
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.