Company Description|Job Description
PubMatic is a digital advertising technology company for premium content creators. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers & publishers to control & maximize their digital advertising businesses. PubMatic's publisher-first approach enables advertisers to maximize ROI by reaching & engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats & devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure & remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices & six data centers worldwide.
PubMatic is a registered trademark of PubMatic Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
PubMatic is hiring anhourly Java Development Intern for a 40-hour work week with an immediate start in Redwood City.
Role & Responsibilities
- Design & implement the software solutions for PubMatic Application/Modules in PubMatic's technical infrastructure
- Interact with Product, UI, QA, Account management & platform teams in US & Pune, India for new features, enhancements & fixes
- Develop code that is modular, scalable, high performance & to high-quality standards
- Create new or fix existing common components in the PubMatic platform
- Design & review the work of team members to ensure coding guidelines are followed
- Interact with cross functional teams to resolve the dependencies & ensure timely delivery of the features
- Improve current technical stack used in different PubMatic Modules
- Automate development, QA build & deployment processes
- Very strong computer science fundamentals - data structures, algorithms, etc.
- 1+ years of C/C++ or Java development experience
- 1+ years of design patterns, debugging techniques, build processes, test frameworks & CI tools
- 1+ years of Agile & Scrum methodologies including sprint planning, daily standups, sprint demos, sprint retrospectives, estimation & prioritization techniques
- Bachelors or MS in Computer Science / Engineering
- Experience in working & coordinating with cross functional teams
- Knowledge of the application performance & scalability considerations
- Implementation of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, documentation, build processes, automated testing, & operations
- A passion for developing & maintaining a high-quality code & test base, & enabling contributions from engineers across the team
- Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly & independently
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, especially in technical communication
- Strong interpersonal skills & desire to work collaboratively
Nice to Have:
- Prior experience working in a startup
- Prior experience with managing technical escalations from customers
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don't just value diversity, we promote & celebrate it.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.