Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
We are seeking an engineer to help us build & support features for the Mailchimp app. You can expect to develop new & existing features with a cross-functional team of designers, product managers, & quality assurance. You will collaborate with others to optimize our development process & feature development.
You enjoy putting your head down & writing code, but you're aware that your job isn't done when that code gets deployed: you also enjoy working with support, product, ops, & other teams to keep applications healthy & users happy. You prefer using proven technologies to solve interesting new problems. You've broken production environmentsand then buckled down, fixed them & maybe you held a blameless post-mortem about it!
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You have experience in a software development environment, with capability in back-end development and/or depth of experience with at least one modern front-end framework (React, Vue, AngularJS, etc.)
- You have experience driving technical projects, prioritizing work, identifying dependencies, facilitating technical decisions & cross-functional team discussions.
- Youre experienced in designing & implementing application architectures & code that are highly scalable, available, maintainable, & performant.
- You can work independently while also putting an emphasis on mentorship of those around you.
- Youre comfortable collaborating closely with product managers & designers, providing estimates or product ideas that will influence your teams roadmap.
- Youre a thoughtful communicatorsome teams are partially or fully distributed so effective written communication is key.
What you'll do:
- Develop new & enhance existing features as well as investigate & resolve defects within Mailchimps application.
- Adhere to (and help improve) internal coding standards, development processes, & design best practices.
- Ensure quality by performing thorough testing & leveraging peer reviews for your work & the work of cross functional teams
- Help scope, estimate, & prioritize work.
- Share your knowledge with teammates through code review, office hours, Tech Talks, & other avenues.
- Write & maintain clean, maintainable, & well-tested code for the future (and present) of the Mailchimp application.
- Embrace & demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, & independence.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.