Pursuit is a social impact organization that creates transformation where its needed most. Through our intensive software developer training program, we teach high-need, high-potential adults the technical skills & industry smarts needed to get their first tech jobs, advance in their careers, & become the next generation of leaders in tech. In addition to training & career support, Pursuits innovative operating model combines partnerships with tech companies to retrain their blue-collar workers & social impact investments to re-envision funding for outcomes-based organizations.
About the Role
As Pursuits first marketing leadership position, you will play a key role in developing & executing a marketing strategy that amplifies our mission of creating economic transformation & tackling systemic challenges. You will be responsible for helping us tell the story of our impact, our Fellows, & our innovative approach to creating change through our new financing model called the Pursuit Bond & other initiatives. We are looking for a data-driven storyteller who can drive results for us across our marketing, PR, & communications goals.
- You are an exceptional storyteller with extensive experience in marketing, PR, & communications
- You are able to translate complex ideas into clear, compelling, & thoughtful messaging
- Youve led a data-driven marketing team towards meeting org goals & objectives
- Youre able to work with multiple stakeholders to craft pitches & stories
- You enjoy cultivating relationships with reporters, journalists, & other media outlets in support of growing an orgs brand
- You are a strategic leader who also enjoys getting your hands dirty in the execution
- Build & execute a marketing strategy that aligns with overall org mission & goals
- Work with the team to execute outward PR strategies & plans that promote key initiatives & the organizations brand
- Craft messaging & positioning for the organization & help tell the story of our Fellows, organization, impact, & our unique strategy
- Work with the management & creative team to demonstrate thought leadership via content marketing that includes whitepapers/guides, checklists, infographics, videos, social media, & blog posts.
- Work with the Partnership & Business Development team on building strategic marketing opportunities with our partners & funders
- Create & implement campaigns that generate leads, drive awareness & aid in qualifying prospective Fellows, funders, employers, & partners.
- Develop a data-driven marketing plan for Fellow recruitment to source & identify qualified leads, & establish a methodology to measure, track & course-correct.
- Develop content for website, newsletters, blogs, white papers, & social media
- Create high-impact, go-to-market strategy to support our sales & fundraising process by creating sales support materials, including brochures, prospect decks, marketing collateral, & industry presentations
- Bachelors Degree or Masters Degree in Marketing (or related field) and/or equivalent professional experience
- Minimum 8 years of experience in progressively more responsible marketing positions, preferably in technology, start-ups, non-profits, or skills-based industries
- Articulate storyteller, must be able to both speak & write with passion, clarity, & purpose
- Strategic thinker with proven ability to craft & execute impactful marketing campaigns, pitches, & product positioning
- Demonstrated success in crafting compelling value propositions
- Able to break down complex concepts & explain them simply
- Experience working across a wide variety of marketing channels including media, social, & content within a startup environment with limited resources
- Entrepreneurial mindset & flexibility a MUST - a leader who is willing to roll up sleeves & get the job done during a period of rapid growth
- Ability to prioritize & handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong administrative, managerial & leadership skills
- Strong connection to Pursuit's mission
Location: Long Island City, NY (Currently fully remote due to coronavirus) but we hope to return to in person operations once it is safe to do so.
Compensation: In addition to competitive compensation, we are happy to provide employees with a range of benefits. Our offerings include premium health, dental, & vision insurance, flexible paid time off, robust 401k matching, discounted gym memberships,
Our team has a wide range of backgrounds & experiences, & we value the richness that diversity brings to our organization. We welcome new perspectives & affirm that all employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuit is an equal opportunity employer.