Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education & employment. Almost a decade later, we are a growing, diverse team of 100+ headquartered in SoHo, NYC. Weve raised over $40m in venture capital funding from top investors including Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Y Combinator, & more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year & helps them lead better lives, join us!
With the launch of our new business product, Codecademy for Business, were seeking an experienced B2B Product Marketing Manager to help establish & execute our B2B marketing strategy. Were looking for a multi-faceted B2B marketer who not only has a strong product marketing skill set & experience working with product teams, but also has ample experience launching integrated marketing campaigns & working closely with creative & channel marketers. The ideal candidate has an analytical nature, passion for understanding user behavior, & a knack for creating compelling narratives. Reporting to the head of Product & Integrated marketing, you will be tasked with the responsibility of creating the positioning & go-to-market strategies that help connect users with our products. Youll also use your analytical skills & creativity to help execute multi-channel campaigns that drive acquisition & elevate the Codecademy brand. While the role is primarily focused on B2B, it provides a unique opportunity to also support consumer product marketing initiatives & make an impact across the entire marketing team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Own the go-to-market launch planning to ensure successful launches for new & existing products & features.
- Work with channel marketers, creative, & sales to build & optimize onboarding, engagement, & acquisition programs that include measurable goals & outcomes for Codecademy for Business products.
- Oversee the strategy & execution of sales enablement resources & content such as presentations, FAQs, & collateral.
- Develop personas, segmentation, & positioning strategy. Work with copywriting, PR, & content marketing to develop new messaging & branded content.
- Conduct & synthesize user research, competitive research, & industry & market trends.
- Partner with the Enterprise Product Manager to articulate the user journey & identify key user insights to focus the product roadmap on the largest business opportunities.
- Work with our Project Manager to manage campaign processes & timelines & develop processes that help business & marketing collaborate more effectively.
- Monitor, analyze, & optimize marketing campaigns to achieve goals. This includes real-time monitoring as well as longer-term reviews to gauge how leads are maturing through the funnel.
- Utilize best practices, campaign analysis tools, & hypothesis testing to continually improve campaign performance. Communicate results & learnings with all stakeholders.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
- 4-6 years of product marketing or integrated marketing experience; at least 2 years of B2B product marketing experience.
- Experience leading the strategy & execution of integrated marketing campaigns & product launches.
- Experience articulating the essence of products & the value they create. You can develop strong product positioning & messaging hierarchy & work with partner teams to infuse into a holistic marketing & content strategy plan.
- Familiarity & experience with B2B omni-channel marketing tactics. (E.g. paid marketing, social, digital advertising, website, email marketing, content marketing, PR, & events)
- Strong empathy for the end user. Obsession with understanding user problems & needs.
- Strong analytical ability, including familiarity & understanding of Google Analytics, Looker, or similar tools
- Experience doing qualitative & quantitative user research & documenting & evangelizing user insights across the company
- Ability to independently drive multiple projects at a time, meet tight deadlines, & push projects further than expected.
- Extremely strong communication & interpersonal skills, & ability to work cross-functionally with a variety of partners.
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- Experience working in high-growth, start-up environments.
- Experience working with Hubspot, or another CRM, is a plus.
- Experience launching a new product line or major business initiative from the ground up.
- Previous subscription, SaaS, or edtech experience.
- Interest in coding or passion for empowering others through coding education.
- Experience partnering with paid marketing to develop B2B acquisition campaigns.
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of users with our product & in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- & works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds & beliefs are empowered to better their futures.