Octane AI is a venture-backed chatbots & messaging startup seeking a Full-Stack Engineer interested in building the future of bots & artificial intelligence.
Octane AI is the leading conversational marketing automation platform for ecommerce. We use messaging channels like Facebook Messenger & SMS to improve the shopping experience for Shopify merchants & their customers. We work closely with Shopify, Klaviyo, Yotpo, & other top tech platforms in the ecommerce space. We are pioneering the future of ecommerce through conversational commerce. We are an all-remote company & venture backed, some of our investors include General Catalyst, Boost VC, & M Ventures.
You will work directly with our CTO Leif K-Brooks (founder & creator of Omegle, the largest chat platform of its kind, used by millions daily), our Director of Engineering, & our product team, to help build Octane AI's back-end technology & front-end experience. You will be in charge of building & implementing new plugins & features. You will be a critical member of the team, impacting our customers & revenue with the features you develop.
More about working in Engineering at Octane AI
- We believe the happier you are, the more productive you & the team are. Being a remote company allows us to work from wherever we'd prefer. Spend your evenings & weekends with your family/friends/hobbies.
- We hate bureaucracy. Feel free to talk to anyone in the team.
- Your ideas are welcome. If you know how to improve our codebase, our product, our processes, don't be shy to share it.
- In our weekly meetings we do a fun thing called "fast parrot". Everybody, including the CEO, is involved. It's a little weird & fun at the same time, especially if you are doing a meeting from a public place.
- Our release process involves code review. In rare cases, we deploy without it, but we try hard to make sure at least one more pair of eyes looks at the code.
- Flexible working hours. We have only two meetings a week (they're back-to-back) where the whole team participates & it's necessary to be online. For the rest of the time, it's up to you to choose the most productive schedule for your work.
- Three days a month we have "maintenance days" where you choose what to work on. Usually we work on tech debt, i.e. code cleanup or purely tech improvements.
- Don't work if you are sick. It's way better to rest & recover quicker than work at half power for a long time.
- If you feel you are stuck with a task don't hesitate to ask for help. There are no stupid questions, nobody expects you to know everything.