Viator is a Tripadvisor company that makes it easy to find & book something you'll love to do. With an industry leading selection of high-quality experiences, Viator gives millions of travellers a month something new to discover, both near & far from home. We believe that we are better together, & at Viator we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Viator, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities & experiences, so we can collectively revolutionise travel & together find the good out there.
The Viator Traveller Engineering team is distributed across Europe & is responsible for viator.com, the Viator mobile apps & all their supporting infrastructure.
Were looking for a Full Stack Principal Software Engineer to join our fast-growing team in MarketPlace services.
The Viator Marketplace Services team is responsible for building & supporting a world-class set of complex business services which are exposed through APIs to other teams within Viator. These services underpin viator.com & the Viator native apps, as well as business-to-business systems used by our suppliers & a wide range of third parties who carry our inventory, including Tripadvisor.
Within Viator we have a fun & friendly environment where the key objective is getting things done.
Working closely alongside product managers & designers, our engineers are part of the full process from software design, to code, to test, to deployment & back again. Most of our engineers release code to production every few days & we have a daily release cycle.
Viators web stack includes Java, React, TypeScript, GraphQL,Kubernetes, SQL & NoSQL databases, & runs on AWS. You dont need to have experience with everything listed but you do need to be hungry to learn. You will need to have experience of a statically typed, object-oriented language such as Java, C# or C++
If youre interested, our requirements are:
- At least eight years experience of working on complex systems, ideally product-focussed & working on or supporting a high traffic website or app
- Evidence of defining & developing a successful API-based architecture.
- Identify/support/Execute on company wide opportunities working with a number of stakeholders spanning Tech managers, Developers & business stakeholders
- Execute on large projects to a high quality of standard & provide guidance to other teams & developers working on the project around complex technical challenges
- Participate in defining solution design for complex problems involving a number of teams
- Help Define Technology roadmap for a number of systems within Marketplace services area
- Ability & experience in building highly scalable systems
- Strong understanding & appreciation of Microservices based architecture
- Strong knowledge of various design patterns
- Detailed knowledge of Web & App application architecture/infrastructure.
- Proven track record of successfully delivering complex technology-focused projects.
- High quality verbal & written communication skills.
- Background of breaking down complex problems into simple solutions.
- Sense of ownership, urgency & pride in your work.
What youll get
Highly competitive salary along with the following:
- Annual performance related bonus
- Generous stock (RSU) award upon joining, with additional awards annually
- Regular salary reviews & excellent career growth opportunities
- Very flexible working hours
- Free meals in the office
- Starting from 1104 annual stipend for costs outside the office such as gym membership or home office set up
- Full family private healthcare & dental
- Excellent contributory pension
- Critical illness & full life cover
- Standard 22 days paid holiday (not including bank holidays)
- Holiday break during the last week of the year
- Summer Fridays scheme allowing extra days off during the summer
- Daily meal allowance of 8.80 per working day
- Access to LinkedIn Learning platform
- 30 minute call with a recruiter to learn more about the role
- 45 minute technical interview with someone from the Viator Engineering team
- Three one-hour interviews with members of the team, covering technical topics - including some coding - & what you would bring to Viator.
We strive to create an accessible & inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.