About the Role
At OneTrust, our mission is toprotect the privacy of individualsby empowering organizations to manage the data they house in a responsible way. With a passion tosolve global privacy concerns, our team has built the most widely used privacy management platform used by companies to comply with data privacy regulations & establish privacy as a best practice within their organization.
Due to rapid growth & increased demand for our Privacy, Security & Third-Party Risk platform, OneTrust is seeking a Corporate CounselLegal Researcher Intern for the Summer 2020 semester to support the OneTrust Global Legal Team.
As a Corporate Counsel Legal Researcher Intern, you will bring a sincere interest in the privacy legal industry & youwill gain a clear understanding of the industry.
What you'll do:
- Assist the global Legal Team with working through complex legal & contracting issues
- Understand key intellectual property, commercial, & finance requirements
- Under attorney supervision, review contracts & observe contract negotiations
- Research legal issues & draft legal memoranda
- Keep up-to-date on applicable laws, regulations, & industry guidance
- Additional project work as assigned
What we're looking for:
- Pursuing a law degree at an accredited university
- 2L or 3L law student
- Relevant coursework or experience
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently & with a team
- Strategic thinking, problem-solving, & decision-making capabilities
- Ability to build relationships across stakeholders in sales, marketing, & operations
- Knowledge of U.S. and/or EU privacy/security laws (including CIPP certification) is a plus
- Ability to work in our Sandy Springs office location daily
What youll gain from joining OneTrust
You can expect tremendous professional development hyper-growth opportunities; an opportunity to work in an open environment on solutions that are reshaping the way business operates & respect for your ideas. We believe in recognition for a job well-done, great compensation package, & an environment that fosters creativity & divergent thinking.
At OneTrust, you will shift the way the global community manages personal information. Your contributions will be incredibly impactful, & your ideas will be embraced. With a new office space in Sandy Springs, our team's growth is a representation of the market need for a platform to establish privacy best practices, & OneTrust's dedication to the privacy space.
If this sounds like a team you'd like to be a part of, we'd love to talk!
OneTrust provides equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants for employment & prohibits discrimination & harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.