Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel through products & content that inspire people to get away more. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Senior Associate, Lifecycle Email Marketing to join our Retention Marketing team.
Want to help us transform the travel experience? In this role, you will help deliver a world-class email experience for our subscribers & will be instrumental in driving customer engagement & improving customer retention. The right candidate is a data-driven problem solver & detail-oriented individual who is excited to contribute to the growth, development, & successful execution of our lifecycle email campaigns. You will report to the Senior Manager, Email & Lifecycle Marketing based out of our headquarters in SoHo, New York City.
As a company that values diversity, equity, & inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this opportunity. Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, Anti-racism training & bias prevention initiatives, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their authentic selves to work.
What you'll do:
- Own the development of our lifecycle emails from initial concept & briefing through asset delivery & execution, partnering closely with the creative team in the development of all lifecycle email assets
- Leverage data-driven insights to inform & optimize the content, cadence, & targeting strategies of our automated trigger messages for both existing & prospective customers
- Develop recommendations for & implement A/B tests to optimize for revenue, engagement, & retention
- Manage the email build, routing & QA process for lifecycle campaigns, ensuring emails are delivered flawlessly & accurately across all devices & inbox environments
- Expand our personalization strategies, leveraging features such as dynamic content & product recommendations throughout our lifecycle program
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Loyalty, CX, Insights, International, Retail, etc.) to support other teams needs through the email lifecycle program
- Regularly audit lifecycle campaigns to ensure they remain up-to-date & accurate, maintaining clear & organized documentation of all triggered & transactional emails along the way
- Monitor & report on email deliverability, reputation, & inbox placement rates to ensure optimal performance & inbox placement across the program
- Expand & optimize our strategies to drive subscriber sign-ups across multiple touchpoints
- Research, identify, & act on new opportunities in the email marketing landscape, such as interactive features, accessibility, personalization & other new capabilities
Who you are:
- You have 3+ years of relevant work experience, including at least 1 year of experience in an email marketing role
- You have experience with an ESP such as SendGrid, Klaviyo, Iterable, or Braze
- Youre proficient in HTML/CSS & responsive email design
- You have an eye for detail, ensuring accuracy of all copy, links, & template designs in various inbox environments
- Youre highly organized & take a process-oriented approach to all you do
- Youre a self-starter who takes initiative & excels in time management
- You love data & have experience with data analysis tools such as Looker, Google Analytics, & Microsoft Excel
- You understand the requirements for CAN-SPAM compliance as well as the nuances of email compliance in various international regulatory environments (e.g. GDPR, CASL)
- Youre a team player with a "no task is too small" attitude
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Youre passionate about transforming travel (but thats a given!)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.