LOCATION: New York, NY or Remote
At Conductor, were passionate about empowering leading brands to get found online & help their customers. The worlds top marketing teams use our software to drive their Organic Marketing strategies, from customer intelligence, to creating content & optimizing their digital presence, to measuring impact. Conductor has been named Crains Best Place to Work 9 years running & Forrester Wave's Leader in SEO Platforms.
We are a product driven organization looking for a strong leader to join us as our Senior Director of Ux & Product Design. As the leader of the team, you will be responsible for delivering a world class user experience for our customers. You will grow & manage a team of mid-to-senior level designers, work with leaders across the organization to define priorities & champion strategic initiatives. You will report to the CPO & work cross functionally to help evangelize design thinking & foster innovation throughout the organization.
Conductor is headquartered in New York City. We welcome candidates across the country & the role can either be based in New York or remote.
In this role, you will:
- Own the overall design strategy, design roadmap, & design processes.
- Partner with Product Management, Engineering & Marketing leadership to drive design delivery & excellence.
- Make key contributions to product strategy, collaborate with company leadership to bring Conductors vision to life.
- Build & grow a diverse design team, attract the best talent & inspire the team to do their best work. Support designers with learning goals & career development.
- Define & pursue a long term vision for the Design team, proactively anticipating possible future opportunities. Champion design at the company level to bring design-thinking to all aspects of the organization.
- Promote a culture of empathy, safety & belonging where all voices are heard.
- Track record of leading a Design team that delivers delightful & cohesive user experiences, preferably in high-growth SaaS environments.
- Experience of building & growing a high-performing design team. You value diversity in design experiences & individual autonomy.
- Ability to attract & mentor design talents at all levels, a plus for having led distributed global teams.
- Pragmatic leader that defines a vision as well as paves the path for delivery.
- Understand human-centered design practices, as well as how to leverage quantitative & qualitative data.
- Experience developing & evolving design systems in partnership with Engineering.
- Foster & encourage innovation, experience with iterative agile development best practices.
- Understand challenges of product strategy & execution, ability to challenge the status quo & be the change agent when necessary.
- Experience of championing whats best for the users & customers while balancing the needs of the business.
- Effective communicator & empathetic listener that takes feedback & builds a culture around learning.
Conductor is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination & harassment of any kind based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, genetic information, disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Visit Conductor at www.conductor.com or on Twitter