Oscar Product is a growing, fast-paced team using technology & design to revolutionize healthcare. We work on a wide range of projects in several areas: building next generation consumer experiences, technology & infrastructure, expanding into new markets, creating better ways for healthcare providers to interact with patients, optimizing internal operations & processes, & lots more. And we work alongside some of the most talented technologists out there, with Product, Engineering & Design forming a tight, high-performing tandem.
As a Senior Product Manager in Search, youll play a key role in the Oscar story, from helping members find doctors & care to improving our search infrastructure to support various search tools.
In 2019, our team will be investing in more natural language search, making more content searchable, & better guiding & preparing our members for their doctor visits.
Were relentlessly experimenting with & iterating on our features, solutions, & product experiences to drive measurable value for our members when engaging with our tools.
Wed love to hear about your experiences & interests to see what would be a great fit for you!
Search team domain:
- Broadening the types & quantity of content members can search for
- Developing a more robust doctor recommendation system for members
- Supporting more natural language search
- Streaming real-time data into search indices & maintaining a search cluster
- Keeping query services performant to meet a variety of client SLOs
- You have been a product manager for 3+ years
- Recent domain experience in search and/or relevance systems
- Experience conducting A/B testing
- Excellent analytical & quantitative skillsyou have experience using data to identify opportunities, test theories & evaluate success (hard data skills like SQL a must, scripting skills a plus).
- Strong collaboratoryou love helping engineers, designers, operations experts, & other teams around you do their best work. You solve problems with others & can also take the lead on larger cross-functional projects.
- A plus: direct experience with machine learning, NLP, or recommender systems
- A plus: experience with data label collection
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we work to cultivate an environment where exceptional people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change healthcare -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy: Oscar's Pay Transparency Policy ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.