Okta is seeking a Technical Writer who is a seasoned communicator with a passion for teaching others through written communication of technical content. Someone who has experience in making complex things easy to understand & the curiosity to investigate new technology.
As a technical writer, you will work on providing a positive content experience to our users. You will be particularly focusing on content for our Developer Experience. This will include writing guides for conceptual information, Workflow, HR as a Source, OIDC, SCIM, etc. to enable developers to successfully leverage Oktas products.
We want developers to love & talk about our documentation as a critical resource for:
* A basic understanding of what Okta is
* How to integrate an application with Okta for authentication in five minutes or less
* Deeper learning of all that the Okta Developer Platform has to offer
Your role on the team will be to write developer documentation in an effort to grow & support primary resources for developers. This will entail being an expert in how developers learn & consume documentation. If you are someone who has a passion for learning new technologies & want to help us drive adoption & ubiquity of our products & platform, this is the place for you.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, edit, & produce accurate & effective technical documentation for developers, in close collaboration with engineering, product management, and documentation teams.
Work closely with engineering, product, QA, & support teams to ensure quality & accuracy of content.
- Okta, be the developer documentation subject matter expert & champion developer needs & priorities across product, engineering
- Analyze customer feedback before & after producing the documentation & enhance quality of the content accordingly
- Contribute to the internal initiative to enhance documentation standards & processes.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in writing deeply technical developer documentation for Cloud and/or Enterprise products.
- Strong technical understanding of REST APIs, HTTP, SDKs, & authentication/authorization protocols (OAuth, OpenID Connect, Basic Auth, ...)
- Practical experience in topic-based writing, minimalism, & scenario-driven development
* Solid understanding of developer communities & how to engage them.
- Git or Github experience is a plus
- Knowledge of Identity & Access Management products & technology is a plus
- Proven record of writing accurate, clear, & concise documentation
Education & Training:
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Technical and/or Professional Writing, or a related degree