As a Certified B Corporation, AeroFarms is a mission-driven company with global headquarters in Newark, NJ, championing indoor vertical farming & fundamentally transforming agriculture. Recognized by Fast Company as one of the Worlds Most Innovative Companies & bycom as one of the Top 25 Disruptive Companies in the World, AeroFarms is scaling to meet the demand for our fresh, locally grown produce that is setting new culinary standards, & we need someone special who can bring their experience in Sales to help us grow further. Must be passionate about food & servicing our customers with the highest levels of account management & performance.
- An incredible change-the-world company with the eyes of the world focused on our success.
- A team of motivated, intellectually-curious individuals to support you.
- Backed by some seriously impressive firms including Goldman Sachs, Prudential, leading VCs, & strategic partners with a view on global expansion.
- A professional with 15+ years of relevant grocery retail & food service experience in Sales, Account Management, Category Management, & Merchandising - preferably with CPG food experience & ideally with fresh produce know-how.
- Passionate about our mission with the communication & interpersonal skills to share our exciting AeroFarms & Dream Greens stories to build exceptional relationships with strategic partners, investors, & selling customers.
- A proven performer developing annual business plans, forecasts, budgets, managing Sales & Customer Service team, & working closely with our range of customers to meet sales goals & to develop account specific P&Ls factoring in all costs of doing business from Product Offering & Pricing Strategies to Merchandising Programs including planograms, promotion calendars, & demos to Distribution & Logistics. Experienced with developing multi-year contracts.
- A product manager with a history of assessing competitive landscape, product positioning, product development, & ultimately how to build business cases for ongoing & new initiatives.
- A problem-solver with exceptional project management skills & ability to work well across functions including Operations, R&D, Marketing, Product Development, Engineering, Purchasing, & Finance to drive execution with the cognitive ability to think of approaches that others hadnt considered.
- Known to have a strong EQ & successful track-record in building teams & growth plans for individual team members.
- Experienced with ERP, CRM, & EDI/Online Order Taking implementation & usage in order to own & define business requirements for these systems & to manage effectively our sales needs & customer management.
- A number cruncher at heart with strong analytical & Excel skills to assess industry trends, customer & product performance, & to recommend strategies to optimize volume, revenue, & margin.
- A positive agent for change with tremendous energy to work in a constantly changing environment & to have the willingness to pitch in wherever critical needs arise.
- Able to travel & represent the company & brand at both consumer & industry trade events & be our company champion.
- Mobile with a car to travel for market & store audits & events (and able to lift 25 pounds for set up of events) & must be flexible to work weekends & evenings on occasion because we need to connect with our consumers at different times.
- Able to hit the ground running & act with a sense of urgency.
You may also be:
- Well-versed with Nielsen/IRI & other syndicated data to drive insights & strategies.
- A digital marketer with skills in social media, content management, email, & inbound marketing to be smart & efficient with connecting to our audience.
- A foodie with a background in restaurant/hospitality because food & customer experience really matters.
- Experienced with working internationally to help us assess & activate business opportunities in these markets.
- Educated with a MBA to have a strong business skill set.