A Better company
We believe homeownership is valuable. Heres why: Not only has homeownership historically been one of the most reliable ways to build wealth, it also strengthens ties to the community & contributes positively to overall well-being. The way the mortgage industry operates today makes it harder & harder for people to consider homeownership -- so we set out to change that. The traditional mortgage process is designed to confuse, riddled with unnecessary fees, takes too much time, & is built on a foundation of misaligned incentive structures. Its time Americans had a Better option.
A Better option is one that puts customers in control of the largest financial transaction of their lives. Its built with best-in-class technology, supported by non-commissioned staff, & offers affordable financing options that meet customers where they are.
Since 2016, weve already funded over $1B in loans, raised $75M in capital, & won the NerdWallet Best Online Mortgage Lender for Customer Service & were just getting started.
Trying to modernize a decades old industry isnt easy, but it is supremely rewarding. Become part of a Better team.
A Better opportunity
Our fast-growing loan consultant team continually questions, innovates & iterates on how to bring best-in-class service to the mortgage industry. As part of the team, youll be on the front lines of generating revenue by creating qualified opportunities for our Loan Consultants. Unique to the SDR role at Better is that you never cold call or prospect. Our technology generates warm leads that you are responsible for engaging & qualifying.
Your work will expose you to other critical pieces of a technology company, such as product, engineering, & marketing, giving you many opportunities to share customer insights & ultimately improve Better's core technology & message.
This role may require some weekend availability.
Responsibilities will include:
- Engaging with warm leads
- Working with Loan Consultants to build pipeline of customers
- Guiding pre-approved borrowers through their home buying process.
- Providing the best customer experience possible. We do not take a sales approach.
- Maximizing conversion of the leads provided to you.
Attributes we value
- Desire to help each consumer with the most important financial transaction of their life
- Ability to think critically & problem solve complex scenarios
- High degree of integrity & work ethic
- Bachelors degree or currently enrolled in a Bachelors program
- Desire to crush it