We believe that we are better together, & at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, & experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel & together find the good out there.
We strive to create an accessible & inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This role will be an integral part of the B2C FP&A team & will have a broad range of responsibilities including partnering with departmental leads to prepare budgets & review business performance.
Responsibilities / What Youll Do:
- As the primary finance contact you will build strong business partner relationships with key business leaders
- Own all forecasting & analysis for the B2C business unit budget, including headcount
- Construct detailed financial models with multiple scenarios & be able to communicate their outcomes & recommendations effectively
- Assist in the creation & delivery of several key documents for the B2C Leadership team, including but not limited to forecast packages, forecast commentary, actuals commentary, risks & opportunities.
- As an essential part of the B2C FP&A team you will be expected to be flexible & assist with Adhoc projects
- Work closely with analytics & systems teams to automate data preparation & reporting, from conceptualization to spec-writing & implementation
- Support preparation of presentation material for Quarterly Business Reviews & Annual Plan Reviews
Qualifications / What we Seek:
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required
- 2+ years of experience in FP&A & Accounting roles with increasing responsibility
- Strong attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge of Excel & its data & analysis tools
- Experience with a forecasting tools such as Hyperion Planning & Essbase skills are a plus
- Strong qualitative & quantitative skills, with a demonstrated passion for using data to drive decision making
- Extremely organized with the ability to contribute to multiple projects within tight time lines
- A team player, able to step in & help out other members of the team when needed
- An inquisitive nature, someone who wants to explore variances & understand the root cause
- An individual who is able to work effectively in a complex, changing environment & to adapt to change while focusing on key goals & objectives
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience with SQL & Tableau a plus
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Identifies & analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant & irrelevant information.
- Good business judgment when making decisions & always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
- Clear communication through expression of facts & ideas in a clear, convincing & organized manner
- Exhibits integrity though fair & ethical behavior toward others & a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility & commitment.
- Treats colleagues & partners with respect: considers & responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, & capabilities of different people