Oscar Product is a growing, fast-paced team using technology & design to revolutionize healthcare. We work on a wide range of projects in several areas: building next generation consumer experiences, technology & infrastructure, expanding into new markets, creating better ways for healthcare providers to interact with patients, optimizing internal operations & processes, & lots more. And we work alongside some of the most talented technologists out there, with Product, Engineering & Design forming a tight, high-performing team.
As a Director of Product Strategy & Partnerships, you will have a unique opportunity to inform some of the most critical strategic decisions we make as a product department & as an organization. In addition, you will be responsible for connecting with health tech companies to learn what they are doing, with the goal of helping us create value through partnerships. This role is a great opportunity for a business savvy product leader who loves geeking out over product investments & technology decisions, digesting the latest in healthcare news, & shaping our product vision & strategy.
Wed love to hear about your experiences & interests to see if this role would be a great fit for you!
You will report into our Sr. Director of Product Strategy & Partnerships, who is remote.
- Passionate about healthcare. You are excited by how much things are changing & want to stay informed -- you devour healthcare news!
- Experienced. You have 7+ years experience in the healthcare payer, provider, technology space, or in healthcare consulting.
- Tech-savvy. Youve been part of, or worked adjacent to software development teams, you can grasp concepts quickly, & you are comfortable working side-by-side technical teams on ideation & elaboration.
- Ownership mindset. What we are doing at Oscar is a big freaking deal. We need someone on the team who takes pride in their work, honors their commitments, & isnt afraid to roll up their sleeves & get their hands dirty.
- Strong problem solver. The questions you will help us answer are complicated. You need to be able to break things down, identify the priority areas to focus on, hustle to get the answers (alone or with the help of colleagues), & drive the process forward.
- Collaborative. You love helping product managers, engineers, designers, operations experts, & other teams around you do their best work.
- Become deeply knowledgeable in the strategies of Oscars insurance business, our technology stack & differentiated consumer experience, & leverage that interdisciplinary expertise & macro understanding in everything that you do.
- Contribute to the definition of Oscars overarching product vision & strategy in collaboration with the Sr. Director of Strategy & Partnerships, our Chief Product Officer, & our Product/Design/Research team.
- On a project basis (generally as part of a cross-functional team), shape our perspective in high priority areas so that our product remains best in class, & work with product managers to develop plans to transform that strategy into reality.
- Connect with innovative health tech companies, with the goal of identifying opportunities for Oscar to partner, so as to accelerate our technology capabilities & offering.
- For high potential partnerships, collaborate with internal teams to evaluate the opportunity & build the business case, as well as manage the relationships with select external technology partners.
- Digest & analyze vast amounts of healthcare knowledge to support your project & partnership efforts, & summarize insights & trends to enable our product leaders.
Note: This role is strategic & a material amount of time is spent researching & analyzing the external healthcare landscape. It does not include any direct reports.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.