Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about building the infrastructure & platforms that will improve the resiliency, scaling, & development speed for cloud services.
We are looking for an experienced engineer with a background developing the tools & services that can help customers resolve their problems or questions. Reporting to the Senior Manager of the Business Internal Tools team, the Senior Engineer will take the lead on designing & implementing the necessary front-end & back-end systems to deliver on their mission of great customer service.
This is an opportunity to develop the solutions ensuring DigitalOceans well-recognized commitment to our customers is maintained & enhanced. This is a high impact role that is essential for DigitalOcean to meet the needs of its growing customer base & provide the tools & services necessary to support our expanding product offerings.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Defining & driving the development of our customer support portal, including building or augmenting the necessary back-end systems to support improved customer experiences
- Working closely with product engineering, customer support, & security teams to ensure complete solutions are developed for supporting our customer base
- Instrument & monitor services developed to ensure operational performance & service-level objectives are maintained
- Establishing best practices for development, deployment, & operations
What Well Expect From You:
- Distinguished track record developing solutions for customer help centers, knowledge bases, & associated tooling
- Experience with common technologies used to address customer integration needs, including services such as SalesForce, Twilio, SendGrid, & ZenDesk
- Developing robust solutions that facilitate streamlined resolution of customer inquiries through use of technologies for automation, deflection, & issue management
- Experience in modern development environments with the use of CI/CD tooling & configuration management technologies such as Chef or Ansible
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge, & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Infrastructure team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!