Pluralsight proudly creates the creators of tomorrow: the people who develop the technology that lifts the human condition. We do this through the tech industry's leading learning platform for serious Developer, IT, & Creative professionals. Our team of 700+ innovators & disruptors are serving over 1M users in 150+ countries to conquer the tech skills gap.
As the Streaming Data Platform team we are dedicated to building a large scale distributed, self-service streaming data platform that can seamlessly scale to handle the vast data needs across the organization.
Pluralsight has a big vision for the future & data is at the core - so we are building a smart, conscientious, & sociable team to own this endeavor.
What you'll do:
- Building & scaling our streaming data platform using the latest technologies.
- Designing, developing, & improving our self-service user experience & tools.
- Diplomatically partnering with Business, Product, & other Data teams to innovate & empower business critical applications, tools, & data intelligence at scale.
- Collaborating with product managers, developers, & data engineers to grow & evolve the culture of data driven decision making.
- Working on & contributing to open source software.
Who you are:
- A supportive & engaged team member, able to express complex information to a variety of consumers.
- Capable of problem solving, & prioritizing work based on anticipated business value.
- Possess the ability to simplify complex ideas & make them accessible to non-technical folks.
- Passionate & excited about data, innovation, & using technology to unlock the future!
What experience is needed:
- Experience building software in JVM-based languages
- Experience designing, building, or supporting high performance distributed systems.
- Experience designing, building, or supporting self-service platforms.
- Experience working with tools supporting Data-in-motion (e.g. Kafka, Akka, Spark Streaming, etc).
- Experience working on and/or a demonstrable understanding of messaging/queuing systems or stream processing systems.
- Experience writing unit tests, performing code reviews, & leading/participating in design discussions about architecture, data shape, & business logic.
- A foundational understanding & experience with topics related to platform scale, security, availability, deployment & operations.
Helpful, but not required experience:
- Experience in data modeling and/or data architectures
- Experience with serialization/deserialization of data (e.g. Avro, etc)
- Scala development experience
- Experience solving analytical business problems using data.
Working at Pluralsight
Founded in 2004 & trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations & individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
Our platform helps technologists master their craft & take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles & become scalable, reliable & secure. We come to work everyday knowing we're helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don't let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us & our values are at the helm of how we work together. It's our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We're adults, & we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics & trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, & peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds & experiences, & united by our mission, we are one.
Be Yourself.Pluralsight is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.