This position is part of CMs Summer Internship Program. More than 40 interns will be joining the CM family this summer across various offices & disciplines. Our interns are PAID, engage in real project work & are 100% part of our team. Candidates must be available from mid-May to mid-August to be eligible.
Best part of our program? The interns will come together as a team to work on a special project created for them by CMs Executive team. If you are looking to gain experience from digital masters & get your career off to a great start, this may be the program for you.
As the Marketing Intern, you will learn how to communicate Critical Mass brand story to external & internal audiences. Gaining an intimate knowledge of the advertising industryand applying it to the CM brand & our servicesis definitely something youre looking for. Youll be wearing multiple hats on the team, so an exceptional attention to detail, strong work ethic, & multi-tasking abilities are a must to keep up with tight deadlines & juggle multiple projects. Exceptional writing & editing skills are keyand well welcome any understanding of the industry you have.
- Help create & manage events & awards calendars to ensure deadlines are met.
- Own & document the summer internship program across offices to promote externally.
- Research key industry developments, competitors & trends in key client verticals.
- Keep up to date of new & emerging trends & product offerings & how they relate to our business & clients
- Assist in management of social strategy across channels.
- Provide planning & logistical support for events & sposorships, including vendor communication & attendee research.
- Manage agency listings & subscriptions with latest client lists, news, thought leadership pieces, & CM language.
- Assemble prospect background materials to support new business & marketing
- Participate in the business development/marketing teams strategy development process, including ongoing recommendations on continual enhancements, quarterly program planning, budgeting, & post pitch analyses.
- Take & distribute notes at team meetings
- Support Business Development Marketing Communications teams administrative tasks as required.
- Bachelors Degree in related field (Marketing, Communication, Journalism).
- Exceptional communication & writing skills.
- Strong interest in the advertising industry & social channels.
- Editorial drive to unearth stories, forge connections, & help create a sustained stream of CM content.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly entrepreneurial setting where many hats must be worn & multiple projects need to be juggled sometimes with minimal management direction
- Self-motivated & assertive working style.
- Passion and/or interest in learning about interactive marketing
- Willingness to fully support the needs of the department, understanding that some assignments may be administrative & long hours may be necessary.
- Quick learner with a high degree of motivation, a can-do attitude & the ability to grasp & understand Critical Mass business & processes quickly
- Proficiency in various presentation & software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Keynote.