WHO WE ARE:
BaubleBar is the first fashion accessories brand to leverage real-time data across the entire design process, establishing itself as the go-to brand for unparalleled selection & style guidance at a guilt-free price point. Formally launched in 2011, Bauble Bar has since expanded into a unique multi-channel, multi-brand, & multi-category company. Company culture is built on trust, empowerment, & autonomy - teams create what they believe is most important for the company's success. The Companys original guiding mission still rings true today fashion should be fun! BaubleBar is committed to keeping experimenting with trends easier than ever.
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking a Senior Accountant who can bring strong analytical, organizational, & problem-solving skills to the BaubleBar team. The ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of Accounting Operations, US GAAP, & analytical skills. Reporting directly to the Assistant Controller. This person will own several monthly accounting functions, supervise the Accounting Operations Team, which consists of a Junior Accountant & Accounts Receivable Specialist, & manage Treasury. You will have the opportunity to work closely with the Co-Founders & other internal stakeholders to ensure the accuracy & reliability of the financials. This will be a hands-on role with an opportunity to make a significant impact on a rapidly growing company. Being a self-starter who enjoys working in a challenging & fast-paced environment will allow you to thrive in this role.
WHAT WE WANT YOU TO DO:
- Support & supervise daily financial operations including A/R, A/P, & accounting related matters.
- Manage the rolling cash forecast (daily, weekly, monthly, annual)
- Compare & analyze the forecasted cash flow versus the actual
- Review / Initiate electronic payments & intercompany funding in online banking platforms
- Review AP & AR cycle for proper accounting of invoices, deductions, approvals, accuracy, processing payments, & calculating accruals (monthly, quarterly, yearly).
- Review Reconciliations for bank & credit card accounts
- Assist with month-end close procedures including journal entries, accruals, balance sheet reconciliations & roll forwards to ensure accurate & timely reporting of the financials.
- Review Accounts Payable & Accounts Receivable Aging reports & actioning with Accounting Operations team & communicate action items regularly to Finance leadership.
- Implement & update accounting policies & procedures as necessary to ensure compliance with GAAP.
- Enhance internal controls to support company goals
- Work collaboratively with other departments to streamline cross-functional processes & to ensure the reliability & accuracy of company-wide deliverables.
- Mentor & train roles being supervised.
- Assist with the implementation of software or system changes
- Play a key role in our external audit
- Produce ad hoc reporting & lead projects as we scale
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or related field of study
- 4+ years of accounting experience with a mix of public & private preferred
- Experience supervising Accounting Operations, i.e., Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, & Cash Flow model
- Assist with reconciling batches; researching & resolving accounts payable or accounts receivable issues with customers or vendors.
- Assist with ensuring accurate receivable records & verify outstanding account balances.
- Experience working with e-commerce or inventory-based companies
- CPA/CMA or CPA candidate preferred
- Excellent attention to detail
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience working with different ERP systems (Sage, NetSuite, Oracle, etc.)
- Strong communication skills, both verbal & written, including the ability to communicate analytically with all levels of personnel & management
- Highly driven self-starter who seeks continuous improvements
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves & work in a hands-on capacity