AV Operations Specialist
Were seeking an AV Operations Specialist to join our Operations team. The AV Operations Specialist will report directly to the AV Operations Manager.
What Youll Do:
The AV Operations Specialist provides & supports all services used to deliver technology to our customers & associates including networking, desktop support, audio, video, HSIA, audio & video conferencing, webcasting, & basic lighting for different types of meetings & events. The AV Operations Specialist works closely with customers & the AV Management Team to deliver an excellent meeting, conference, & working experience. The person in this role also works directly with the property & event teams to deliver excellent client experiences.
- Provide ad-hoc troubleshooting & assistance to customers of all technology competency levels.
- Troubleshoot AV equipment, including but not limited to audio, video, lighting, computer networking systems, & hardware.
- Evaluation & troubleshooting of personal computer hardware & software, peripheral devices, mobile devices, & network component problems.
- Pre-program coordination with property teams, & the AV Operations Manager, ensuring that all their technological needs are met & in place for their arrival.
- Provide genuine anticipatory customer service by establishing good working relationships with Convene team members, divisions, & vendors.
- Attend PEO, Pre-Con, & pre-production meetings as needed.
- Support day-to-day floor operations, including set & strike, operating in room equipment, facilitating & supporting other AV Property Functions.
- Develop & maintain positive relationships with clients & assist with any reasonable requests during programs.
- Interact with the Production team to ensure a thorough understanding of the client experience with Convene prior to the start of their meeting/event.
- Assist in any areas of daily operation.
- Participate in collaborative project efforts with both the technology team & other departments.
- Review all departmental SOPs on a quarterly basis.
- Maintain & uphold Convenes cultural standards
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Show initiative & drive to solve problems.
- Portray a polished, professional image according to Convene dress code standards.
What We Look For:
- High school diploma/GED required; Bachelors Degree preferred
- 3+ years experience in supporting AV & IT equipment & computer software systems.
- Customer service or hospitality experience preferred.
- Demonstrate knowledge of audiovisual equipment including analog/digital audio mixers, wireless microphone systems, seamless video switchers, & projectors/displays.
- Possess a basic understanding of Crestron & other central control systems.
- Basic knowledge of data networking principles, architecture, & applications.
- Experience in the basic installation, configuration, operation & administration of operating systems, applications & hardware for Macs, PCs, LANs, servers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office & Apple iWorks suite of business applications.
- Flexible, long, & weekend hours sometimes required.
- Ability to move, lift, carry, push, pull, & place objects up to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Ability to reach overhead & below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, & stooping.
- Ability to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Ability to climb & work on a ladder for lengthy periods of time.
Equipment & Technical Qualifications:
- Audio: 4-48 channel analog/digital mixers, wireless microphone lavaliers & handhelds, push to talk microphone systems, audio recorders. Familiarity with Biamp Server/Forte systems a plus.
- Video: Switchers, projectors, LCD displays, LED Video Walls
- Lighting: Knowledge of Lighting Maps, lighting concepts, & lighting best practices, familiarity with rigging.
- IT: Wi-Fi troubleshooting, connecting hardline internet, Knowledge of DHCP/Static IP addressing, operate, other collaboration tools & equipment
- Hybrid: Familiarity with virtual meeting & event platform functions as well as livestreaming technologies including cameras, encoders, & lighting.
- Control: Familiarity with Crestron control systems & associated hardware
Who We Are:
Convene is a premium work experience company that includes a network of 25+ meeting, event, & office locations, & Virtual & Hybrid Meetings products. Were creating premium, hospitality-driven, & tech-enabled meeting & event experiences through our proprietary technology platform & network of premium workplaces. Join us at the forefront of improving how people meet & work.
Were Here For You:
At Convene, youll receive:
- Excellent health coverage for you & your family
- Medical & insurance navigation support through Eden Health
- Generous paid time off, including an extra day off for your birthday
- 401K plan with company matching
- Professional development support
- Access to healthy meals & snacks at work (when in the office)
- A chance to be part of a dynamic, growing team
- The opportunity to have a significant impact on your team & the business in the work that you do
We require all employees, regardless of location, to be fully vaccinated (including boosters, if eligible) against Covid-19 by the time they start, subject to any applicable accommodations. Therefore, if you were to join Convene, subject to any applicable accommodations, you would need to be fully vaccinated by your hire date to be eligible to start in the role. As a condition of employment, you would need to submit official COVID-19 vaccine documentation. Convene will consider & review reasonable accommodation requests based on medical or religious grounds for qualified candidates.
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives.