About the Team
Engineering at Frame.io is about more than just writing code - it's about making an impact, crafting unique experiences, building products that inspire creativity. We expect our engineers to care about how our products are built, how they look, how they feel, & how they function.
We're looking for an experienced front-end engineer to join our growing engineering team. You'll be working on features that directly & quickly affect the revenue of the company. If you've ever wanted to write code that makes a difference to the trajectory of a start-up, this role is perfect for you.
Our tech stack is pretty great too you'll get to work in an autonomous, cross-functional product team utilizing cutting edge technology like React, Elixir, Swift, Docker, & AWS Lambda.
Every company claims they want an experienced engineer, but here's why it's important to us: In this role youll be leading the work of multiple engineers on the team, partnering closely with a Product Manager to ensure the smooth delivery & execution of projects critical to the businesses success. You'll also be working across a large variety of problems & taking ownership over a significant area of our product.
At Frame.io, were powering the future of creative collaboration. Over 700,000 video professionals use Frame.io to seamlessly share media & gather timestamped feedback from team members & clients. Simply put, we help companies create better video, together.
We want you to get better too. We believe that we have a duty to be the stewards of your career, both at Frame.io & beyond. Having conversations about your entire career & not just your time here helps align our incentives & makes everything so much easier.
Frame.io is backed by Accel, SignalFire, FirstMark, Jared Leto & a host of other phenomenal investors. We've built a highly functional & market-leading product used & loved by companies such as Turner, Disney, NASA, Snapchat, BBC, BuzzFeed, TED, Adobe, Udemy, & many more.
What we think you'll need to be great at this job...
- A love of great products & product design if the code you ship needs to be maintainable AND delightful for customers to use, we want to speak to you.
- Past experience of planning, executing, & delivering projects with multiple engineers in an agile environment. Note the use of a lowercase 'a' in 'agile' we're pragmatic, & it would be pretty awesome if you are too.
- 5+ years of experience working across the full-stack. You don't need to have mastered any one side, but understanding a spectrum of technologies at varying degrees of expertise is important.
- 3+ years of experience writing client side web code utilizing React, Ember, Vue or similar. (We use React, Redux & Styled Components for our web app).
- Experience building server-side applications utilizing NodeJS, Ruby, Python or similar & you're familiar with one of the popular web frameworks in those languages (Express, Rails, Flask).
- You might have dabbled in some functional code, but if you haven't that's :ok as well.
- Experience working closely with analytics products like Looker, Amplitude is a nice to have, but not necessary.
This is what we think you'll be doing...
- Working across our flagship web product, helping to write features that drive activation, engagement, & retention. Basically, you'll be writing software that sells itself.
- Collaborating closely with a product manager to plan, execute, & ship projects critical to the success of the business. Once it ships, you'll pay close attention to the impact of the work, & iterate towards a successful outcome.
- Experimenting. Owning the A/B testing process, associated metrics for success & helping shape the experiments that will drive the business forward.
- Providing technical leadership to a team of cross functional engineers & be accountable for the technical decision making for your team.
- Receiving close guidance & mentorship from our engineering managers & leads, as well as code reviews from your peers.
- Competitive salary & equity
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Daily catered lunch & fully stocked kitchen with cold brew on tap
- Unlimited PTO
- Volunteering paid time off
- Work From Anywhere Week
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Discounted gym membership
- Free Citi-Bike membership
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible Spending Account
- Influence in a small, fast-paced team
At Frame.io, we believe that learning from different backgrounds & perspectives will allow us to elevate each other & help us build a better product for our users.
We are proud to be committed to equal employment opportunity, regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status.