Sports matter because they inspire leadership, teamwork, commitment, & confidencecritical life lessons that have the power to propel young athletes toward meaningful futures. GameChanger recognizes that without coaches, parents, & volunteers, organized youth sports could not exist. We celebrate those tireless heroes & make it our mission to help them do what they do best.
GameChanger is a technology company providing team management, scorekeeping, & live fan experiences that keep athletes connected with the team community. With GameChanger, coaches & parents can organize & follow their athletes journey in a simple & powerful way.
Were headquartered in downtown Manhattan & are proud to be part of the DICKS Sporting Goods family.
As a Software Engineer, you will use modern tools to build & improve features in our web & mobile applications, APIs, & back end services. In collaboration with Product Managers, Designers, QA Analysts, & other Engineers on our cross-functional teams, you will build features that delight customers & drive business objectives. You will provide your opinion & expertise, write code, & contribute to architectural decisions.
- Work on cross-functional teams with designers, testers, & product managers
- Deliver features including interfaces for scorekeeping, fan experiences, & team management
- Build & improve features on mobile apps (native iOS & Android)
- Develop new web features
- Contribute to API back end
- Get to know our customers, understand how they use our service, & discover how we can further improve
- Promote responsible engineering practices including test driven development, maintainability, & continuous delivery
- Teach & learn with other engineers on your team
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent experience) in computer science or a related field
- Experience developing software in one or more general purpose programming languages
- Solid understanding of software development fundamentals
- Passion & savvy working with the latest tech
- Interest & ability to learn new programming languages
- Comfort working in multi-disciplined product teams
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Front end web framework such as React.js
- Android development with Java, Kotlin, RxJava, Realm
- iOS development with Swift or Objective-C
- PostgreSQL or other relational databases
- MongoDB or other NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with data networking & cloud platforms (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Be part of a diverse team of genuinely kind & interesting individuals dedicated to improving the lives of our customers.
- Benefits include medical, vision, prescription, dental, FSA/HRA, & coverage for family/dependents.
- Generous maternity / paternity leave policy
- Well-furnished, modern office
- Commuter Benefits
- Endless supply of snacks & drinks
- Learning benefits including Safari Books Online, opportunities to join clubs, hack days, & conference attendance
- Organized lunches, happy hours, & team outings
At GameChanger we are
- We put our customers first, always asking, Will this enhance their youth sports experience?
- We deeply understand our customers & work hard to anticipate their needs.
- We celebrate & support our customers contributions to their communities.
- We listen actively, seeking to understand others before making ourselves heard.
- We challenge each other directly while caring about each other personally.
- We do unglamorous work in service of the team.
- We set aggressive goals designed to drive meaningful change.
- We are eager teachers & curious students who invest in learning.
- We are resilient, thriving in change & adversity.
- We value creative ideas & productivity over seniority & hours worked.
- We entrust decisions to those best positioned to make them.
- We embrace individual responsibility & trust each other to deliver our best effort.
- We say no to valuable initiatives so we can concentrate resources on our most important work.
- We respect others time by limiting distractions, running efficient meetings & communicating concisely.