Meet CarGurusthe #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, were building the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace where its easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data & its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms & innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation & vehicle history.
CarGurus is looking for a Manager, Build & Delivery Platform to join our platform engineering team in Cambridge, MA. Are you a collaborative manager who thrives on building high performing teams? If so, you've found the right place.
What You'll Do:
- Provide the day to day leadership of the build/delivery team
- Facilitate design & support discussions with your team & other engineering teams
- Evolve & scale the build & delivery discipline at CarGurus
- Bring a modern technical skillset to the table
- Keep project momentum & navigate the issues that occur at any time.
- Be the coach to guide the hiring & professional development of your team
Who You Are:
An experienced leader with the technical chops to build/lead a team of engineers who are smarter than you! You have the desire to build solutions that deliver the competitive advantage we need to keep up with our explosive growth.
- Well organized & focused
- History of building high performing teams
- Delegate & enable team members to do more
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with both software & systems engineering
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role
- Strong affinity towards automation
- Experience delivering in a compliance environment (SOX, SOC, PCI)
Technologies We Use:
Docker, Kubernetes, Bazel, Sentry, Concourse, Jenkins, Rundeck, Maven, Artifactory, Chef, WebDriver
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity & collaboration. True to our start-up roots, were nimble, flexible & hardworking. We have a great respect for testing & learning & a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball & ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, were as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK & Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI & Dublin, Ireland. If youd like to learn more, please visit our careers page.