As the Senior Security Engineer, you will report to the Head of Corporate Cybersecurity & help establish the security bar for CLEAR's services & infrastructure. You will help take security concerns, defined or nebulous, & create initiatives that CLEAR should prioritize, providing technical direction, oversight, & execution. You're the go-to person that other technology & engineering teams turn to when they're not sure how to do something, or when theyre not sure which technology option best suits an initiative. You will help with the development, deployment, & operations of security tools. You will regularly partner with the various Security & Infrastructure teams, identifying opportunities to collaborate & push CLEARs technological footing into the future.
The individual fulfilling this role will also provide security solutions around Applications, Infrastructure, Platform, & Cloud Services (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS). A successful candidate must demonstrate a history of producing effective, innovative architectural solutions on an enterprise scale. They will continually evaluate the evolving cybersecurity industry to maintain currency & understanding of the latest innovations.
What You Will Do:
- Designs security reference architectures & associated security principles to support business projects, to include necessary integration points across CLEAR, in accordance with CLEAR security standards & various applicable regulatory & compliance requirements
- Supports assessments of critical security controls for the companys cloud-based business applications to include recommending security gap remediations based on assessments
- Builds template plans to assist with application migrations into different cloud deployment models
- Evaluates designs & implements new cloud technology & processes to mature security controls
- Designs & develop security architectures for the public (Azure, AWS, GCP) & hybrid clouds
- Works with CLEARs various technology organizations to choose appropriate technology solutions & facilitates complete integration into the respective environments
- Participates in the review of design principles & controls relating to third party solution providers
- Maintains currency of new & emerging security threats, security frameworks, & regulations
- Facilitates deployment orchestration & automation with a focus on security
Who You Are:
- At least 6 years of experience in security engineering experience
- Extensive experience in architecting & engineering complex security solutions utilizing & interpreting models to implement company policies, standards globally
- You can bring an initiative from concept to full production deployment while maintaining security & operational excellence throughout the process
- You influence other engineers with your technical depth & collaborative attitude
- Knowledgeable of cybersecurity audit standards/models/frameworks such as ISO27001, NIST, COBIT, DRII CBK, Six Sigma, ITIL, PCI, SOX, FDA, HIPAA, PII, etc.
- Broad technical security skills in multiple areas such as application deployments, endpoints, data, EDR, infrastructure, cloud, DNS, PKI, OS (Windows, MAC, *NIX), SDN, encryption, authentication, firewalls, proxies, identity & access control, vulnerability management, BC/DR, remote access, & cryptography
- Demonstrated experience utilizing one or more cloud technologies such as Azure, AWS, or GCP
- Self-motivated with a strong ability to work & maintain currency in a changing landscape
- Ability to develop & document methods, standards, & guidelines
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Undergraduate-level in Computer Science/Cybersecurity or equivalent professional experience
- CISSP and/or CISM
How Youll be Rewarded:
At CLEAR we help YOU move forward - because when youre at your best, were at our best. Youll work with talented team members who are motivated by our mission of making experiences safer & easier. Our hybrid work environment provides flexibility. In our offices, youll enjoy benefits like meals & snacks. We invest in your well-being & learning & development with our stipend & reimbursement programs.
We offer holistic total rewards, including comprehensive healthcare plans, family building benefits (fertility & adoption/surrogacy support), flexible time off, free OneMedical memberships for you & your dependents, & a 401(k) retirement plan with employer match. The base salary range for this role is $180,000-215,000, depending on levels of skills & experience.
The base salary range represents the low & high end of CLEARs salary range for this position. Salaries will vary depending on various factors which include, but are not limited to location, education, skills, experience & performance. The range listed is just one component of CLEARs total compensation package for employees & other rewards may include annual bonuses, commission, Restricted Stock Units
Have you ever had that green-light feeling? When you hit every green light & the day just feels like magic. CLEAR's mission is to create frictionless experiences where every day has that feeling. With more than 13+ million passionate members & hundreds of partners around the world, CLEARs identity platform is transforming the way people live, work, & travel. Whether its at the airport, stadium, or right on your phone, CLEAR connects you to the things that make you, you - unlocking easier, more secure, & more seamless experiences - making them all feel like magic.