At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a Business Development Manager who brings exceptional business acumen, strong negotiation skills & creative & analytical perspective to business development & growth partnerships. This person will be passionate about the way Lyft can work with technology partners & businesses to add value to Lyfts Express Drive business unit & our broader fleet organization.
As a member of this team, you will work closely with world-class Lyft product, operations, & business teams, collaborate with our broader emerging business development team, & engage with some of the worlds most influential companies. These strategic partnerships are major growth drivers for Lyft & in this role you will lead the ideation, cross functional collaboration, & execution of these impactful initiatives.
- Identify, shape, & deliver the vision & roadmap for strategic opportunities that align to Lyfts mission & vision for Express Drive expansion
- Lead the negotiation & execution of complex & impactful deals, while engaging with & aligning cross-functional teams internally & externally
- Envision new ways that strategic partnerships can positively impact core business objectives by applying creativity & business acumen
- Own responsibility post-contract for success of the partnership, including proactively resolving business & technical issues & serving as an internal advocate
- Demonstrate strong qualitative & quantitative analytical skills in order to unlock the best value of your partnerships. Track, analyze, & communicate key performance metrics, feedback, & learnings to internal stakeholders.
- Embrace Lyft's values externally with partner organizations & teams
- 5+ years of business development, partnerships, strategy, and/or similar roles
- Strong understanding & interest in Lyft & competitive landscape
- Highly analytical, innovative thinker & data driven, but also a creative problem solver. Track record of using data to inform strategy.
- Ability to create thoughtful financial & business-driven, actionable recommendations, & quickly build consensus with internal & external stakeholders
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, & handle uncertainty & ambiguity
- Experience bringing & scaling new & emerging products/business lines to market.
- Excellent interpersonal & presentation skills
- Motivated & industrious personality
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.