You are motivated by a desire to win with a strong sense of personal responsibility & a roll up your sleeves mentality to push tasks to completion. Youll use your strong negotiation skills to drive new business while working autonomously in an ever-evolving environment. Your ability to build rapport will be critical to your success as you work to romanticize the consignment experience with an understanding of luxury products. In this role, your obsession of administrative duties will help you move quickly & accurately on multiple platforms. You will hustle to drive the key metrics of the business through new consignor acquisition, unit value & quantity of units through a small repeat consignor base.
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Drive New Business by converting company leads.
- Develop & implement marketing strategies to continually increase consignment with The RealReal
- Meet the aggressive monthly KPIs for product value & product quantity while maintaining focus on premier luxury product
- Maintain small base of repeat clients + provide an outstanding customer experience
- Review contract during virtual or in-home appointments
- Partner with team for a seamless handoff of consignor to Account Luxury Manager at Day 30 to help continue building strong relationship with TRR for continued business + referrals
- Proactively resolve any consignor issues/concerns
- Set pricing expectations through deep knowledge of luxury & stay up-to-date on resale trends + what has low/high resale value
- Carefully review + process all items for shipment to ensure everything is cataloged + up to TRRs high-quality standards
- Possess a strong ability to multitask
- Balance appointments, outreach (70-100/day) & customer service issues
- Availability evenings & weekends, to accomodate appointment requests
What You Bring To The Role
- 5+ years of work experience in sales, ecommerce, or tech. Luxury experience is a plus but not required.
- A strong sales ability & mentality paired with an entrepreneurial spirit
- A high degree of business acumen, sophistication, & the ability to establish trust is mission critical. This position requires the person to work directly with very discriminating clientele
- Demonstrated track record of meeting & exceeding monthly goals
- Ability to master multiple technical devices & systems
- Active in community & charitable organizations is a plus
- Ability to work nights/weekends when needed to accommodate the clients request for an appointment
- A current valid driver's license is plus use of a vehicle is required for this role. Must also carry insurance
The RealReal is the worlds largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe & reliable platform for consumers to buy & sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists & brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categoriesincluding women's & men's fashion, fine jewelry & watches, art & homein support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off & direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI & machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing & listing their items, as well as handling shipping & customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts & receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records, consistent with legal requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel & talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands & arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; & taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.